-

Photo
- - - - -

MUST BE KINDA CLOSE TO A NEW TT ANNOUNCEMENT...

Twilight Time

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 of 42 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,195 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:10 PM

Plus there are still some MGM titles with Criterion, such as the upcoming Red River. It looks like they'll be releasing 2 MGM titles a month, so should be a great year. I expect several more of the Woody Allen films at the very least. Allen films not yet on BD/announced in the US that MGM has the rights to:

Alice (1990)

Another Woman (1988)

Bananas (1971)

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid to Ask (1972)

Interiors (1978)

Love and Death (1975)

A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy (1982)

The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)

Radio Days (1987)

September (1987)

Shadows and Fog (1991)

Stardust Memories (1980)

Zelig (1983)

MGM also has distribution of Take the Money and Run (1969) via ABC Pictures, but I'm not sure if they would have the right to sub-license it.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#42 of 42 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,082 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 28 2014 - 03:10 PM

I seem to recall an endorsement for Love and Death from Nick Redman personally on TT's FB wall Brandon. So I imagine that one is pretty high on their Woody Allen wish list...especially since the MGM DVD has been out of print, sold out, and hot in the aftermarket for several years now.

• BPullen likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users