Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MUST BE KINDA CLOSE TO A NEW TT ANNOUNCEMENT...

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 of 42 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,259 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 03:02 PM

Anyone care to guess a title or two?

I'm hoping for A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS myself.

#2 of 42 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,305 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 25 2014 - 03:13 PM

Let's see.... The May/June titles were announced on Feb 2nd, so that means we'll probably get the July/August titles announced by end of next week (hopefully).

I would also welcome A Man for All Seasons.

Edited by Brandon Conway, March 25 2014 - 03:13 PM.

• ljgranberry likes this

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 42 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:03 PM

MISSISSIPPI BURNING-----HAWAII-----LOVE AND DEATH

#4 of 42 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 942 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:26 PM

A Man for All Seasons - yes please.

Also, Soldier of Fortune and the Michael Shayne films. These could be a double release like the Thunderbirds films.

#5 of 42 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:41 AM

My TT hopefuls:

Thank God Its Friday (1978)

Blame It On Rio (1984)

Summer Lovers (1982)  - maybe a double release with Blame It On Rio.

Skatetown USA (1979),  highly unlikely

#6 of 42 OFFLINE   JColl

JColl

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:02 AM

Do we know if Buckaroo Banzai is on the table from them?

#7 of 42 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,929 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:31 AM

Hoping for Flight Of the Phoenix.

• SAhmed likes this

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#8 of 42 OFFLINE   Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 01:41 AM

Mississippi Burning, Play It Again, Sam and Manhattan Murder Mystery please.

I'll keep guessing.

Steve W

• Richard M S likes this
Correct a fool and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will thank you.

#9 of 42 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 26 2014 - 04:41 AM

I'd love from the MGM/UA catalog: Women in Love, Witness for the Prosecution, Inherit the Wind, Judgment at Nuremberg, The Music Lovers, Hound of the Baskervilles.

• ljgranberry likes this

#10 of 42 OFFLINE   SultanOfWhat

SultanOfWhat

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 04:58 AM

When I started watching blu-ray 4 years ago I had a list of about 150 films I wanted to see that weren't available on blu-ray.  Now that list is down to about 10 films, and A Man for All Seasons is still on it. 

Others include The Philadelphia Story, Out of the Past, Key Largo, The Big Sleep, The Andromeda Strain, Barefoot in the Park, Mister Roberts, The Remains of the Day and Enchanted April (the last one might not be possible, as I hear it was shot on 16mm film for British Television).

#11 of 42 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,259 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'd love from the MGM/UA catalog: Women in Love, Witness for the Prosecution, Inherit the Wind, Judgment at Nuremberg, The Music Lovers, Hound of the Baskervilles.

I totally agree with WOMEN IN LOVE, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION and HOUND OF THE BASKEVILLES (1959).

#12 of 42 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,856 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:27 AM

I would not wish for HAWAII unless it was the roadshow version. I haven't heard that anyone at MGM has worked on it so I hope they pass. I would go with WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBERG and THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL.

#13 of 42 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,856 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:33 AM

I still have a favorite that to me is a fun film but most people dislike it and that is the roadshow version of PEPE. I enjoy it with all it's creaks and groans and the cameo population that George Sidney used.

#14 of 42 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 09:05 AM

LORD JIM---A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

#15 of 42 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 26 2014 - 09:22 AM

LORD JIM---A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

Yup, I think Lord Jim is a good guess, seeing as it's being released in France (meaning that Sony have done the HD work).

And maybe a couple of United Artist movies: The Vikings & What's New Pussycat. I could list another 12 UA movie I'd like.

#16 of 42 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,305 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 09:29 AM

Do we know if Buckaroo Banzai is on the table from them?

No. The only titles we know for sure are coming in the future are:

Sony

The Blob (1988) (Presumably Oct. '14)
La Bamba (1987)

Born Yesterday (1950)

Protagonist Pictures (UK films they've started releasing at 1/month, like Fever Pitch and The Firm)

Riff-Raff (1991)
Raining Stones (1993)
Carla's Song (1997)
Fatherland (1986)
Angel (1982)
When the Wind Blows (1986)
Bandit Queen (1994)
A Month in the Country (1987)

• BPullen likes this

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#17 of 42 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,914 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 09:36 AM

We also know that The Man From Laramie is coming this year and we "almost" know that Miss Sadie Thompson will arrive at some point. It has been rumored that Violent Saturday will be offered to Twilight Time too. (I have the French BRD of Violent Saturday and it is superb)

#18 of 42 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,305 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 09:47 AM

Correct. The Man from Laramie has been officially announced as part of the June lineup, which is why I didn't list it. The others aren't 100% confirmed like the list above. Like the release of Fate Is the Hunter in May, I suspect they'll do blu-ray versions of some of their other DVD titles (like Violent Saturday).

#19 of 42 OFFLINE   Didier R

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 10:53 AM

The Man on the Moon and The

No. The only titles we know for sure are coming in the future are:

Not true.

The Killer Elite, First Man in the Moon and The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds are also coming.

#20 of 42 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,305 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 11:05 AM

The Killer Elite, First Man in the Moon and The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds are also coming.

Interesting. I hadn't seen the official statements on those. Good to know. :thumbsup:

Edited by Brandon Conway, March 26 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users