What's new

3D Die Monster, Die! (1965) (1 Viewer)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
This movie has always puzzled me: it looks like it was designed for 3D but then shot 2D.
The oddness of the very fluid camera movement and the amount of stuff (vases, lights, candelabra etc.) between the camera and the actors in most scenes screams "3D!" but there's no evidence to support my theory.
Does anyone know more? IMDb doesn't have much to say about it, one way or the other.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Not intended for 3D AFAIK. It was the first film directed by Daniel Haller, a production designer (see also the films of William Cameron Menzies). If I had to guess, he was showing off a bit and also trying to overcome the leaden script.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Peter Apruzzese said:
Not intended for 3D AFAIK.It was the first film directed by Daniel Haller, a production designer (see also the films of William Cameron Menzies). If I had to guess, he was showing off a bit and also trying to overcome the leaden script.
He definitely art directed the crap out of it. He must have emptied every prop house in London to fill the Witley house with so much junk.
I just watched it via the 3D conversion mode on my tv and it works quite well in, if a bit fuzzier than I'd like.
True the script isn't great and there's some very clumsy sound editing/dubbing but Nick Adams and Boris Karloff give it their best shot.
The producers should have kept the original title "House at the End of the World", much better than the two they eventually opted for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks