What's new

What are the best brand of LED HDTV? Sony, Samsung, or ? (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I am thinking to upgrade my Sony 40" Bravia LCD HDTV. What brands should I start considering? Sony, again? Samsung? Vizio? Toshiba? By the way, I want to upgrade to 55"-70" LED HDTV, but I don't want to pay more than $1500 USD (at most $1600 USD), and I'd love to have a 3D smart TV. Please, explain why you recommend one brand over another. Thanks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I used to have a Samsung 40" LED, from 2009 - can't speak to the other brands, but I was always happy with that Samsung. Brightness and colors seemed reasonably accurate, and it weighed less than nothing. I sold it to a relative a couple years ago (was in the market for something bigger and 3D), and it's still looking as good today as the day I bought it. If I was going to buy another LED TV (I'm probably a few years away from a new set), I'd definitely consider another Samsung.

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I have a 55" Samsung LED I purchased about 2 years ago and am very happy with it. I picked it over the other brands simply because I liked the way the picture looked and the fact that Samsung has a good quality record.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would buy a plasma...while you still can.

Costs less, better picture.

60/64f5500 and 60/64f8500

Both will be "closeout" soon waiting for the new models.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
I agree with Sam. When seeking an accurate picture a plasma will give you a better picture when compared to LCD/LED. In an accurate veiwing mode an LCD may be slightly brighter but the plasma will have deeper blacks and an overall higher contrast, well worth the tradeoff.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Is it Sony a consideration? Btw, my last 3 HDTV has been Toshiba, Sony, and Insignia if I remember correctly. Does anyone think tha Sony is worse than Samsung at this point in time? Anyhow, thanks for all responses.

i use Samsung-UN32EH5300-32-Inch for my PC monitor, The picture on this TV is great.
w.png

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMHO Both Sony's and Samsung's are great TV's as are the Panasonic's. I would not consider any LG product!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks