Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2014 MLB Regular Season & Post Season too!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#1 of 336 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 05:23 PM

We're just a couple days away from the start of another season.

Seriously not a big fan of the overseas games.

I wonder if the Cubs will be out of it by May 1.

#2 of 336 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ok the first game is in the books and the Dodgers have started their defense of the NL West.

I'm certain that the players hate these games. Seriously that is one hell of the flight to endure for two games.

#3 of 336 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,068 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 31 2014 - 06:49 AM

2 hours to go, if my ticket doesnt sell by noon I'm going to Oriole's opening day.  Got a 13 game package and bought 7 other games, including today's.  I'm fine with either outcome, $175 in my pocket or a fun day out.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#4 of 336 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 31 2014 - 01:14 PM

Welcome to Red Sox Nation, Grady Sizemore!!! :)

• Ockeghem likes this
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 336 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,183 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 03:50 PM

Just got back from Montreal, where I got to see 2 baseball games there. I just had to make the trip there, to make up for a missed opportunity, as I had a chance to go before, but never got around to it.

It was a huge turnout to both games. In fact, Friday's game was so bad, as they did not seem ready for so many people coming. And that was mainly because of the fact that those who bought their ticket online, had the only option of picking it up at will call. The result? A line that was very, very long. I heard some people did not make it to the game, because of it. I arrived around 6:15, and did not get into the stadium until around 7:45. By then, it was the 3rd inning, and missed the pregame ceremony, which was a tribute to the late Gary Carter. Saturday was not as bad, but I ended up arriving a little late, missing part of that pregame ceremony, honoring the 1994 Expos.

Have to say, while it was nice to see a huge turnout, and people wearing old Expos jerseys, I do wonder how many of the fans are actually from the Montreal area. I did see a bunch of people in either Blue Jays or Mets gear, making me assume a majority of those people made the trip from Toronto and New York respectively.

Do I see baseball returning to Montreal? Only in the form of a series during the regular season, similar to how MLB likes to have one overseas. But not a team, as there is just too many obstacles. Anyway, here are a few photos...

People entering the stadium

ex1.jpg

Honoring the 1994 Expos team

31.jpg

banner for the 1994 team, unveiled that day

49.jpg

view from my seat (in the upper deck)

42.jpg

• Ockeghem likes this

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#6 of 336 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,418 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 05:52 PM

Welcome to Red Sox Nation, Grady Sizemore!!! :)

And welcome to Red Sox Nation, Brandon Workman!  Oh wait, he's already there. ;)  Seriously, what a job he just did getting out of the top of the seventh inning against the Brewers.

#7 of 336 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,176 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 07 2014 - 03:31 PM

Nice pictures from Olympic Stadium, Walter.  A couple friends of mine went up for the Saturday game. 

I'll have to see if I can dig up some of my pictures from the day I took my family to that ballpark.

We watched the Expos play the Padres (along with a couple dozen other fans!  :laugh:  ).  About the only saving grace from the day was that Tony Gwynn was there!  What a horrible park. 

========================

By the way, I am hating implementation of the replay rule.  Surprise!   :biggrin:

• Ron1973 likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#8 of 336 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,183 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Mike! And I definitely agree about Olympic Stadium. Reminds me too much of the cookie cutter stadiums, when baseball teams had to share stadiums with football teams. Still, I'm glad that I got to see baseball there.

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#9 of 336 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,418 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 02:55 PM

Aaron,

Ortiz just blasted a three-run home run in the bottom of the eighth, right after the Rangers had taken a 2-1 lead in the top of the inning. 'Tis almost time for the Kojmeister to make an appearance. ;)

And Koji pitches a one-two-three ninth. After that dreadful Brewers series, it's nice to take two-of-three from the Rangers.

#10 of 336 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 12:47 PM

========================
 By the way, I am hating implementation of the replay rule.  Surprise!   :biggrin:

By and large it has been a real positive addition to the game.
  • Aaron Silverman likes this

#11 of 336 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 10 2014 - 12:52 PM

Argh, Scott, the game was on ESPN and I forgot to watch!

Hopefully we'll see some equally fun action on Saturday and Sunday vs. the Stanks.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#12 of 336 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,418 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hopefully we'll see some equally fun action on Saturday and Sunday vs. the Stanks.

Aaron,

I know.  Just for once I'd like to see a Red Sox - Yankees game televised for a change.  The Red Sox in general are hardly ever on television (excluding NESN, of course).

#13 of 336 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 10 2014 - 04:31 PM

I know, right???

#14 of 336 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 12 2014 - 12:09 PM

Well, I *thought* I liked instant replay!

#15 of 336 OFFLINE   Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted April 12 2014 - 12:41 PM

................And the team with the best record in MLB (for the moment) at 8-2 is, the Milwaukee Brewers. Yes, you read that correctly, not that Milwaukee does not have a very good team this year. We do. Currently on a 7 game winning streak, having swept the Red Sox and Philly on the road. A lot of fun to watch. Great pitching, timely hitting.

I'll be at Miller Park on Tuesday to see them battle St. Louis, the thorn in our side ever since '82, when they beat us in the World Series.

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

#16 of 336 OFFLINE   Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted April 12 2014 - 01:12 PM

BTW, how do you think an image like this would fly today?:

1957wsprogram2HD.jpg

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

#17 of 336 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,176 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:31 PM

Well, I *thought* I liked instant replay!

Exactly.  (I know the play you're talking about.)

What's the point?  They don't get them "right," anyway.  

...and, it's all so arbitrary anyway. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#18 of 336 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,176 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 13 2014 - 05:35 PM

What's the point?  They don't get them "right," anyway.  

This is nuts.  Is the NYC Instant Replay HQ being run by Yankee fans? 

This is why replay is for the birds.  The human element is still in play...and it is just as likely that the humans watching the replays will get the plays right/wrong as much as the humans on the field. 

Oh.  And did I mention the arbitrariness of it all?

#19 of 336 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 13 2014 - 07:10 PM

Frankly, I think that picture is *less* offensive than some of the cartoonish images.

#20 of 336 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,027 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 13 2014 - 08:22 PM

This is nuts.  Is the NYC Instant Replay HQ being run by Yankee fans? 

This is why replay is for the birds.  The human element is still in play...and it is just as likely that the humans watching the replays will get the plays right/wrong as much as the humans on the field. 

Oh.  And did I mention the arbitrariness of it all?

I understand this thread is dominated by members of Red Sox Nation, but come on.

• Patrick_S likes this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users