Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The 100 (CW) - season 1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 of 86 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,920 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 19 2014 - 08:06 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this pilot. It definitely gets the CW treatment, but there's a lot of solid science fiction ideas playing out at the same time. The main character is smart and goal-oriented, and there were even political underpinnings to the dick measuring contests around the landing site.Some very solid adult talent in Henry Ian Cusick, Paige Turco, Kelly Hu, Isaiah Washington back up on the space station Alessandro Juliani.

#2 of 86 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,228 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 19 2014 - 08:41 PM

It's a decent pilot, just watching now.. the only problem is I feel it's just being thrown out for spring chum and has zero chance of survival

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 86 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,709 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 19 2014 - 09:12 PM

My uncle(86 yrs young) just a got a peacemaker. I've been missing "New stuff" cause of me, my GF and my cousin taking turns down at his house...since he can't drive for 3 months.So the three of us are splitting time in Bloomington, IN. As well as our own homes...not in B-town.Anyway..."Underpinnings to the dock measuring"...sounds more intriguing than most new shows.

#4 of 86 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,920 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 20 2014 - 09:46 AM

Best CW midseason premiere since January 2010, improved on "Arrow" lead-in

#5 of 86 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,331 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 20 2014 - 10:02 AM

What do you mean by the CW treatment? Is it vanillified for broadcast or more like AMC/Bravo or even closer to HBO?

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#6 of 86 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,920 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted March 20 2014 - 10:40 AM

What do you mean by the CW treatment? Is it vanillified for broadcast or more like AMC/Bravo or even closer to HBO?

Well, all of the 100 we've seen so far just happen to be unrealistically attractive teens (played by mostly by early-twentysomethings) with many acting like characters on CW shows tend to act. A sober goal-oriented expedition to survive in an unfriendly environment, this is not. But the show does explain WHY that's the case, and while there's no "Hannibal" level of violence, there's certainly threats evident both from the creatures that have managed to survive the nuclear apocolypse and... something or someone else.

#7 of 86 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,709 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 20 2014 - 10:44 AM

It isn't just the CW that has ridiculously hot casts.AMC is the same way.Pay channels? Ha.Seriously think all the women, then, we're that hot as portrayed in GoT and Spartacus...

#8 of 86 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,228 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 08:02 PM

Game of Thrones I think does a decent job of casting normal type women in many roles.  I mean, yes, a lot of ridiculously hot, but not all.

But shows like say, Spartacus and CW shows?  Yeah, those are all 100% poster pinup category.

Not that I mind.

trakt.tv

#9 of 86 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 10:48 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot of this series.  But while watching it, nearly every time I saw Clarke from a distance I thought I was seeing Sarah from Arrow.

#10 of 86 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,920 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 02 2014 - 08:04 PM

This show has definitely had a few surprises up its sleeve. I didn't expect to see the show's heroine cut someone's throat in the third episode. I definitely did not expect the third episode to end on a small child brutally murdering one of the leads.

#11 of 86 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,228 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yeah.. I am unsure of this one, it's staying on my DVR for now.  Meanwhile, Star-Crossed (the other CW premiere) had one of the most offensive episodes of TV I've ever seen last week, and I'm completely out on that one

trakt.tv

#12 of 86 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,089 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 06:52 AM

This show has definitely had a few surprises up its sleeve. I didn't expect to see the show's heroine cut someone's throat in the third episode. I definitely did not expect the third episode to end on a small child brutally murdering one of the leads.

Children raised in an environment of limited resources definitely have different value systems than we're normally accustomed to.  :D

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#13 of 86 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,967 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 07 2014 - 04:00 PM

I liken The 100 to Lost + Hunger Games + BSG. I want these characters to be a little more...three dimensional, but I'm sticking with it for now. Last week's ep kept me entertained, even if the final resolution came about too quickly for my taste.

#14 of 86 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,920 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 09 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm really enjoying the moral complexities of the situations this show places its characters in.

My biggest complaint at this juncture is that so far Paige Turco and Henry Ian Cusick have been criminally underutilized.

#15 of 86 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,089 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:51 AM

It's becoming like "The Lord of the Flies" for this generation.  :D

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#16 of 86 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,967 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 12 2014 - 09:57 PM

It's becoming like "The Lord of the Flies" for this generation.  :D

No joke. I'm all for violence and that kind of thing, but that's pretty much all this show is right now. Violence, yelling and people being killed. I thought for sure Abby was a goner before the end of the episode...they probably need to save that for next week.

One thing I'm not wild about: the impending love triangle between Clarke, Finn and Raven. I'm surprised there hasn't been more fornication between the hundred. They are teenagers, after all...

#17 of 86 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,803 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 13 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm kind of tiring of all the forced drama. Seems like lazy writing. Letting Murphy live is obviously going to bite them all in the butt in the future. I see him joining up with the grounders and leading some sort of invasion on the camp.

Raven, Finn's girlfriend (conveniently just revealed in this ep), is now on her way to Earth, so that's sure to create tension among the Clarke-Finn-Raven triangle, especially since Clarke and Finn just consummated their relationship in the bomb shelter at the end of the ep.

I'm also hopeful the adults will join the kids on Earth in the near future and put an end to the Lord of the Flies storyline. They should be more worried about the grounders and other mutated flora/fauna on Earth. That's more interesting to me than the continuous in-fighting and arguments among the 100.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#18 of 86 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,967 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 13 2014 - 05:04 PM

Raven, Finn's girlfriend (conveniently just revealed in this ep)

I could be wrong, but I think we've heard that before, so it wasn't new information in this ep.

#19 of 86 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 07:01 PM

Malcolm and Jason,Raven was revealed to be an interest of Finn's in at least one episode previous to this most recent one.

#20 of 86 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,803 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 13 2014 - 08:25 PM

I must have missed it, as it would have stood out for me knowing that Clarke and Finn were becoming close.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users