Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Considering the upcoming Sony KDL-48W600B LCD or something else for gaming.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   AzurePaladin77

AzurePaladin77

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hi,

I am in the market for a new TV to hook up to my PC for gaming. The Sony W series coming out next month caught my eye as they are gearing it toward gamers with 60hz refresh and I'm assuming low input lag. In particular the KDL-48W600B is the one I am thinking of getting as it is within my price range (About $800 max). I have a 59" PN59D550 Samsung Plasma in my living room and I love it, but unfortunately my bedroom gets a lot of sunlight and that is where my PC is and where I will be putting my new TV. The KDL-48W600B has a contrast ratio of only 1,000,000 : 1, do you think that will give me decent black levels? Also, I've never owned a Sony TV and always thought they were good but overpriced. Do you guys think Sony generally makes a good TV? I would love to go plasma but my room is bright during the day. Do you all know of a plasma in which that wouldn't be a problem? I know some have anti-reflective properties as features. Do they work very well and if so which model do you recommend for $800 or lower? Thanks for your time and thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,450 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 17 2014 - 05:23 AM

I use a plasma in a bright room. No issues. There are ant-glare films and covers made for TV, just like there are for phones. It is hit and miss on whether a particular TV is anti-glare to begin with(even LCD are moving to glass, so anti- glare or not is the same).

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   AzurePaladin77

AzurePaladin77

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for your reply. When I purchased my Samsung plasma I couldn't watch it in the position in the room I initially put it because of the massive glare it was getting. I repositioned it and am very happy with it now, but I don't want that happening with a TV for my bedroom. This is mainly because the way my corner desk is positioned I can only put the TV in one position and it will be getting a lot of direct light in that position. Do you have a particular plasma you would recommend for $800 or less for gaming? I am looking to get input lag at least below 40 ms. 3D is a plus but I know that might be asking too much for $800.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,450 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 17 2014 - 06:11 AM

50Pn6500 Matte screen is a feature of that series.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   AzurePaladin77

AzurePaladin77

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. On http://www.displayla...splay-database/ it says the 50PN6500 has an input lag of over 50 ms though, so it wouldn't be ideal for gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users