-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 3-18-2014

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 of 30 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,027 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 16 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hi Mike, my review of Criterion's A Brief History of Time can be found here.

Added to the OP.

Isn't anyone else judging Travis?  I mean, c'mon...

• TravisR likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#22 of 30 terry deto

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts
  • LocationJackson,MI

Posted March 16 2014 - 07:32 PM

Get $5 off a Disney Blu-Ray when you enter Kellogg's Family Rewards™ codes from 3 participating Kellogg's® fruit flavored snacks.

Get $3 off Frozen with coupon from Mama Mary's pizzia crust package.

Get $5 off Saving Mr. Banks at Disney movie rewards.

#23 of 30 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,463 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 08:15 PM

Oh, I am too, Mike. I am. :-)
  • TravisR likes this

#24 of 30 RabbitMan3000

RabbitMan3000

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 05:38 AM

I can tell you that the Brief History and Hidden Fortress discs are definitely worth it. I've had the good fortune to get my hands on them early and they are outstanding.

I'll likely be picking up Frozen this week and losing all contact with my daughter for the next two weeks.

And why judge Travis so harshly, American Hustle isn't *that* bad. ;)

• TravisR likes this

#25 of 30 billyzuko57

billyzuko57

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 06:20 PM

Did anyone else notice in Target's ad it says "Blu-ray+DVD+digital, 22.99, for Saving MR. Banks? Is this a typo, or a Target Exclusive? Thanks!

#26 of 30 Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 06:21 AM

Saving Mr. Banks actually ring ups $20.99 vs the advertised $22.99 so that was a pleasant surprise. Perhaps they decided to lower the price since it does not include a dvd as advertised in their ad.

As to Frozen, they had copies in one of those big towers at the front of the store, a register front end cap, and of course back in the movie section. I would say it was about a 25% exclusive to 75% regular ratio, so I wouldn't wait too long if you plan on picking it up. Most I saw picking the film up were picking up the blu-ray version. Speaking to the ratio of exclusive to regular, the tower up front in my store would have maybe 3 exclusives in the front of a row and then have somewhere around 10 regulars behind them.

Luckily, there was one side of the tower that didn't use the coffins, so was able to pick out a slipcover fairly easily. Had to view Mr. Banks thru the coffin, but got one that was fine.

#27 of 30 Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 06:22 AM

Oh, forgot to mention I'm talking about Target in my post.

#28 of 30 Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 08:43 AM

Stopped by my Best Buy within minutes of it opening. I'd say they had less than 20 of the exclusive version with the book. Had it both on an upfront Frozen display rack & in the movie section of the store. Comes with the regular blu-ray combo of the film with the book behind it held together by an extra wraparound. The tough part is finding a slipcover or wraparound that's not dented in some way.

Was originally thinking there would be 60 pages of extras to coincide with the 60 journal entry pages, but was deceived by the small ad picture. Thought the right side page in the ad was a journal entry page, and it's not. It's a craft page on building a snowman or snowflake, can't recall which. There's still a fair number of extra pages, just not 60. The journal pages are inbetween the extra pages, which are all of a slick quality paper. Speaking of being slick, watch out for pages sticking together as I had to reflip thru the book when I didn't notice the "Easter Eggs" page on my first go-thru. The journal pages being regular type paper for writing on. There are a few different punch out items in the book, my favorite being the reversable door hanger with the sisters & Olaf welcoming you on one side & the snow monster Marshmallow telling you to Get Out on the other.

#29 of 30 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,462 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 10:19 AM

Target's Cartwheel app has a 20% off coupon for Mandela (making the final cost $14.39).  Also, there are 10% off coupons for Out of the Furnace, Nebraska and The Book Thief.

#30 of 30 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,978 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 20 2014 - 07:29 PM

Mr Banks and Frozen probably from TRU -- Pirate Fairy preorder and MQ should bring them in for less than $9 each. Hoping for a triple with JB2, but no prices have looked close to the mark

Hunchback will be mine but I'll have to wait for some sale. Maybe BN 40% sale in May or June.

Black Stallion eventually, but this should be a $5 item eventually at FoxConnect or another site reasonably soon. It's always a movie I want to like more than I do. Beautiful visual, but it's a chore to get through in one sitting with the odd First split into 2 different movies.

Black Stallion for $5 didn't take long. Another Fox 50% sale with a lot more choices including The Book Thief for $13 including a free bonus of Anne Frank BD

TRU -- Frozen for $8 and Mr Banks for $9.
No JB2 in sight or in the system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users