Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

Posted Image

– Frozen– 2013

Posted Image

– American Hustle– 2013

Posted Image

–Tom Hanks& Emma Thompson(Saving Mr. Banks– 2013) 

Posted Image

–TheHunchback of Notre Dame – 1923

Posted Image

–The HiddenFortress – 1958 

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
American Hustle $19.96 $18.99 $16.99
Atlantis: Season One $25.48
Devious Maids: The Complete First Season $32.78
Flashpoint: The Final Season $29.96
Frozen $14.96 $16.99 $14.99
Here Comes the Devil $16.49
The Horror at 37,000 Feet $14.99
Jamesy Boy $9.96
The Jungle Book 2 $19.96
Kingdom of Conquerors $12.96
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom $14.96 $17.99 $17.99
Saving Mr. Banks $19.96 $17.99 $17.99
The Wrath of Vajra $9.96

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
AmericanHustle [2-Disc Combo Pack] $19.99 $22.99 $22.99
Atlantis: Season One $33.98
The Black Stallion $11.78
BriefHistory of Time, A  [CriterionCollection]  $24.99
Frozen[Combo Pack] $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Here Comes the Devil $18.49
The Hidden Fortress [Criterion Collection] $34.99
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923) $34.99
TheJungle Book 2 $19.99
Kill Your Darlings [Combo Pack] $24.99
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom $24.96 $22.99 $22.99
Reasonable Doubt $18.96
SavingMr. Banks $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
The Slumber Party Massacre $19.99
The Wrath of Vajra $14.96

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

[font=" Arial;"]--There is a $5manufacturer'scoupon off Saving Mr. Bank available this week.   It ismentionedin this week's Best Buy ad...but should be usable absolutely anywhere. Go to www.disneymovierewards.com.  Internet access&printer required.  Coupon expires 3-22-14.

--AtBest Buy, this week, an EXCLUSIVE book "Frozen Chronicles" with theirBlu-ray copies of Frozen.  Minimumof 2 per store. [/font]

--BestBuy is also advertising a new release this week called Jeff Dunham'sAchmed Saves America:  $9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu-ray.

--Thefollowing releases are on salethis week at Best Buy:

Gamesof Thrones: Season 3 - $37.99 DVD/$42.99 Blu

TheBest Man Holiday - $17.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu

TheMuppets - $9.99 DVD/$9.99 Blu

TheGreat Muppet Caper/Muppet TreasureIsland - $17.99 Blu

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Targetthis week has anEXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC with its Blu-ray copies of Frozen.  TheDVDfeatures deleted scenes, a Frozen art gallery, and a featurette "TheVoices of Frozen."

--Targetis also advertising a $5 savings on Frozen if you buy ANY Frozen toy$20 or more.  Shown in the flyer is is an on sale doll called"Anna Fashion Doll."  Elsa dollalso available.  Assortment varies by store.

--Target has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$14.99:  Archer: Season 4
$19.99:  American HorrorStory: S1
$24.99:  Downton Abbey: S4, The Americans: S1, The Following:S1,Sons of Anarchy: S5, Justified: S4.

$34.99: Game of Thrones: S3.

--Target has an EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC available on its copies, thisweek, of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.  Contains "making of"featurette andfilmmaker Q&A.  A total of 30+ minutes of bonus content.

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $4 DVDs.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'll stay cheap this week. I got a DVD copy of The Hidden Fortress used for $3 when Hollywood Video went out of business.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up American Hustle and The Slumber Party Massacre (don't judge me) this week. And I was planning on waiting for a sale on Saving Mr. Banks but Disney's plan of boosting sales with the $5 coupon will probably work on my weak mind.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Round-Up, Mike. Thankfully nothing is calling my name this week from this list as I need to save my $$$ for the Twilight TIme special event.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mr Banks and Frozen probably from TRU -- Pirate Fairy preorder and MQ should bring them in for less than $9 each. Hoping for a triple with JB2, but no prices have looked close to the markHunchback will be mine but I'll have to wait for some sale. Maybe BN 40% sale in May or June.Black Stallion eventually, but this should be a $5 item eventually at FoxConnect or another site reasonably soon. It's always a movie I want to like more than I do. Beautiful visual, but it's a chore to get through in one sitting with the odd First split into 2 different movies.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The mouse will get my money this week. I agree with Norman that I will wait for Fox Connect to have a sale so I can pick up the Black Stallion.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm surprised that no B&M store has Hustle for $19.99, but that's why Amazon raised their price versus what they had last night; they only have to match $22.99 to be lowest. Fortunately, I had mine ordered before, when it was lowered to $19.99. That's all for me this week.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since, I've seen it at a theater, I can wait on American Hustle to drop in price later this year.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Details on the "My Frozen Chronicles" book at Best Buy are that it contains 60 journal pages, hence the "my" in the title, but it also contains:

[*]Early Visual Development Poster Art
[*]Easter Eggs from the film
[*]Fold-Out Map of Arendelle
[*]Frozen Character Personality Finder
[*]Costume Design
[*]Animation Modeling Sketches
[*]Movie Quotes
[*]Receipes, Games, Crafts & More
[/list]
I'd guess there is about 60 pages of the above items in the book as it looks to alternate between those & the journal pages per the photo in the ad. This info comes from Best Buy's website where you can also get a closer look at the cover of the book, which looks pretty cool with the iced over Arendelle village.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
Are you trying to be cheeky by posting that image of 'Frozen' which mentions the 3D version in the theater? :)
Actually, Jeff, I was just kinda psyched to find an animated .gif. I was figuring someone would complain about there being no link to the trailer. :biggrin:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
All Disney this week and it's already been shipped, apparently. Now, the question becomes what do I watch first on Tuesday night?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be getting Hustle and Mr Banks for free with trade in at My local Moviestop. Also will wait for the 3D of Frozen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks