Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Digital Input Amplifier

Amplifier Receiver Digital HD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Alex Camara

Alex Camara

• 3 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:26 AM

One of the things I am interested in is if there is a greater need, with the growth of digital outputs (TosLink, Coax etc) from sources like SONOS, TV's etc, to have an amplifier that relays less on analog RCA inputs but has more digital inputs - say a 4 zone digital amplifier. Any thoughts on this would be great as I look into this…. Thanks :) 

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,762 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 15 2014 - 09:11 AM

Invent that 4-zone digital amplifier first.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,571 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 18 2014 - 09:43 AM

You aren't going to find a digital one IMO, but you can feed something like that from a preamp with all the digital inputs you desire.

There isn't a big market for multizone amps, so I'd guess that's the reason why it doesn't exist.

HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users