Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

This is Jack Briggs, and I am homeless.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#261 of 279 OFFLINE   BarryR

BarryR

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 09 2014 - 05:29 AM

Good point, but ultimately some sort of update would seem considerate. 

#262 of 279 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 04:06 PM

Wow.  Just caught up on this thread.  It was an amazing read with a cliffhanger ending.  I was all ready to send money and now...

I really pray that we hear from Jack soon and that it has a happy ending.

Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#263 of 279 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,364 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 21 2014 - 05:00 PM

I guess there is no way to see what is still in that PayPal account from someone here that helped Jack set it up. Or if someone puts additional money in it now is it possible to know if and when it was used/spent?
facebook.com/whotony

#264 of 279 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,586 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 05:30 PM

No.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#265 of 279 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,541 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted July 21 2014 - 08:55 PM

Hmm, I think I'll keep an eye on this very curious thread.

I have some very strong personal thoughts, but I'll just keep them to myself and wait and see where it goes from here.

One thing I will say however is that there are some very caring, very kind and wonderfully generous members on this forum.

Makes me feel proud to be a member.

Doug.

#266 of 279 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,772 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 21 2014 - 09:01 PM

POPULAR

One thing I will say however is that there are some very caring, very kind and wonderfully generous members on this forum.

Makes me feel proud to be a member.

Me too, Doug.

I can't help but agree with Barry above that an update would be considerate.  But, we continue to wait to hear from Jack. 

We are hoping for the best for him...and hope his silence is an indication that he has been busy acclimating to his new surroundings. 

Just so people here are aware, I continue to reach out to him via e-mail on a fairly regular basis.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#267 of 279 OFFLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,700 posts

Posted July 22 2014 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for continuing to reach out, Mike. 

"Go ahead...make my day."

#268 of 279 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,772 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 22 2014 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for continuing to reach out, Mike. 

And if I ever hear something, you folks in this thread will be the first to know. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#269 of 279 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,772 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 23 2014 - 01:09 PM

POPULAR

And, I've heard something.  :thumbsup:

The good news is that Jack e-mailed me this afternoon and that he is fine.

The bad news is that his attempt to relocate in Nashville did not go as hoped.  He called the trip a "bust."

I wish I had more to report...but there just isn't much more to say at this juncture until I hear more from Jack.

Thanks for understanding.

#270 of 279 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,871 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 01:13 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the update Mike. I kind of feared that, but at least he is alive, and that's important.

I know if I were in his shoes, money donated from HTF friends and acquaintances, only to have the move blow up...I'd kinda be reluctant to stick my head in here again too. I just hope he understands that the money wasn't supposed to guarantee some sort of outcome, that we're glad he at least gave it a shot to better his situation. No matter the outcome, glad to hear he's still vertical.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#271 of 279 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,713 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:04 PM

POPULAR

Thanks, Mike, for not giving up to get in contact with Jack.

I fully agree with Carlo: we gave some money to help Jack, not to get back a certain result.

It's too bad it didn't work out as hoped (immediately). Perhaps there are more chances.

Jack, if you read this: stay in touch with your friends here, please, if you feel like doing that.

Cees

#272 of 279 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,770 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 23 2014 - 05:40 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the update Mike. I kind of feared that, but at least he is alive, and that's important.I know if I were in his shoes, money donated from HTF friends and acquaintances, only to have the move blow up...I'd kinda be reluctant to stick my head in here again too. I just hope he understands that the money wasn't supposed to guarantee some sort of outcome, that we're glad he at least gave it a shot to better his situation. No matter the outcome, glad to hear he's still vertical.

I couldn't have said it any better, Carlo. Jack, if you are still checking in, please let us know how you are doing. Mike, thank you for your perseverance and letting us know Jack is okay.

#273 of 279 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,901 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted July 23 2014 - 06:39 PM

POPULAR

Thanks for the update, Mike/Jack.  I'm so happy to hear that you, Jack, are still with us, and very sad that things have not worked out better for you, yet.  

Please keep us posted.  Speaking only for myself, my relief at hearing from you outweighs my disappointment in the current outcome.  Of course, it's easy to say that, sitting in my house, with a full belly.  I only hope that you can stay strong and focus on trying to find a better result. 

Good Better Luck.

JD

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#274 of 279 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 08:40 PM

Thanks, Mike, for not giving up to get in contact with Jack.I fully agree with Carlo: we gave some money to help Jack, not to get back a certain result.It's too bad it didn't work out as hoped (immediately). Perhaps there are more chances.Jack, if you read this: stay in touch with your friends here, please, if you feel like doing that.Cees

I agree wholeheartedly with Cees and the others. I'm so sorry things did not work out in Nashville.

#275 of 279 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,682 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 24 2014 - 06:20 AM

Continued best wishes Jack!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#276 of 279 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,772 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 24 2014 - 12:49 PM

POPULAR

I heard from Jack again today. 

You folks are very much in tune with how he is feeling.

But I wanted to quote this particular section directly from his e-mail:

Thank you so much for having helped.

Thank them all for me, please.

#277 of 279 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,816 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 01:27 PM

POPULAR

Mike, thanks so much for keeping the lines of communication open.  Probably nothing I can say that hasn't already been said here, except that I'm glad he's fine, and sorry that it hasn't worked out yet.  I sincerely hope that there's a bit of good luck somewhere not too far in his future.  I can barely imagine what any of this must be like, and it must have been so hard to reach out to Mike to report that things hadn't gone as planned.  I'm grateful to have heard something from him via your posting, disappointed at the world for it not having worked out better, and not in the least upset with Jack.  I truly hope that something better is just around the corner for him.

#278 of 279 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 08:08 PM

Well said, Josh.

#279 of 279 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted September 11 2014 - 05:43 PM

POPULAR

I don't know Jack at all, but have thought of him and his situation often.  Those of us who are more fortunate must never take anything for granted. Maybe it's because today is 9/11 that I am especially appreciative of what I have but I felt compelled to post a shout out to Jack if he's reading letting him know he's still in my prayers and best wishes go out to him for better days ahead.

Stay strong, Jack, and keep the faith.

Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users