Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Time's Third Birthday!

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 of 114 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:01 PM

Generally how long does it take for Screen Archives to ship an order? The order I placed on the 19th is still showing "pending". I'm assuming they are swamped with filling orders!  :)

#102 of 114 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:18 PM

Generally how long does it take for Screen Archives to ship an order? The order I placed on the 19th is still showing "pending". I'm assuming they are swamped with filling orders!  :)

I actually e-mailed them earlier this week. The response was cordial and expected. They received a lot of orders and were trying to get through all of them quickly. My order (from the 20th) was shipped Priority Mail today...expected delivery date is Saturday.

#103 of 114 OFFLINE   bruceames

bruceames

Second Unit

• 446 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:28 PM

None of my orders have shipped yet.

#104 of 114 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Screenwriter

• 1,037 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:47 PM

My order of 'Jane Eyre' was placed 10 days ago and still shows as 'pending'. My order was from the 19th so it doesn't seem as if there's any order in their prioritising ... Would international sales are delayed until domestic orders are shipped? I'm hoping this won't prove to be another debacle like my Barnes & Noble sale saga .. but I'm sure really that this is just because they're swamped, not because they're as totally inefficient and unhelpful as B & N!

#105 of 114 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 27 2014 - 09:25 PM

Purely pattern observation from these and other boards Anthony, and not backed up by a shred of hard data, but SAE's typical order of fulfillment *seems* to be:

• Domestic Single
  • Domestic Boxed (3 or more)
  • International Single
  • International Boxed (3 or more) 

I've always assumed that this *perceived* shipping order is simply because any small, limited staff operation needs to group 'like' runs for optimal efficiency (e.g. type of packaging, customs form prep etc.)*

* Living up here in dogsled country and typically ordering enough to require a box, my orders are always near to last out the door anyway. Not an issue though; I'm in no blazing rush. To me, their care in picking/packing and preparing error-free border paperwork are more important...which SAE has never failed to deliver.

#106 of 114 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 29 2014 - 07:25 PM

Just an an update...mine was delivered today.

#107 of 114 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,166 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 29 2014 - 07:30 PM

I got my paltry order of two discs a couple of days ago. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#108 of 114 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted March 30 2014 - 06:39 PM

Just an an update...mine was delivered today.

I got my paltry order of two discs a couple of days ago. 

Lucky dogs. My order is still in the "pending" status. But I ordered 6 titles including the signed copy of "The Front" which may be what is holding my order up. But meanwhile I've got 2 orders from the FoxConnect sale being delivered tomorrow to tide me over.  :)

#109 of 114 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:00 PM

Not that I watched anything this weekend, Mark, that I got from them. I have been listening to The Search for Spock expanded score that I ordered at the same time, though. 

Maybe next weekend!

#110 of 114 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Screenwriter

• 1,037 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted March 30 2014 - 10:46 PM

Still waiting for Jane Eyre .. but just got told it's in the post. Meantime, 'The Swimmer' arrived today ......

#111 of 114 OFFLINE   Terry Hickey

Terry Hickey

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 09:13 PM

I finally ordered a few discs from Twilight Time because it hit my budget range of

less than $20 per title.  It took a week from the time I ordered to receiving the

discs.  I am happy with what I received.

#112 of 114 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted April 05 2014 - 03:02 PM

My order finally arrived today. Six beauties including the signed copy of The Front. This was my first Twilight Time purchase ever. Now I'm beginning to see the allure of the label. Lot's of care goes into these releases. for example:

Packaging - each release has an 8 page booklet with a replica of the original poster on the last page.

No eco-cases - these are the solid, sturdy blu-ray cases.

Trailers in HD and lossless sound - I don't think I know of any other company that uses lossless sound on trailers!

And most importantly, no forced previews or ads. At first I didn't even think there was an FBI warning, but it went by so fast when the discs loaded I didn't notice it.

#113 of 114 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:19 AM

It doesn't look like the sale has caused any more titles to sell out.

#114 of 114 OFFLINE   bruceames

bruceames

Second Unit

• 446 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 09:32 AM

It doesn't look like the sale has caused any more titles to sell out.

Shouldn't be surprising, considering the ones that were on sale had lots of copies available.   As for the others, if anything the sale may have slowed down their sales somewhat, as people were probably putting them off to make room for the sale items.

Two of my orders have arrived and two more have shipped.  The only one that hasn't shipped has Used Cars in it so I probably won't get that for at least another week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users