Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Time's Third Birthday!

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 of 114 OFFLINE   Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:01 AM

POPULAR

A SPECIAL EVENT FOR TWILIGHT TIME’S THIRD BIRTHDAY ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19th!

It seems like only yesterday, but incredibly, Twilight Time turns 3 years old this month, and to celebrate we are doing something we’ve never done before which is to offer a special price-promotion on 36 of our Blu-ray titles (one for each month we’ve been in operation!) This promotion will last for exactly 5 days - it will begin with the April pre-orders on Wednesday, March 19th at 4 pm EST, and will run to Monday, March 24th at 4 pm EST. The promotion will be exclusive to SAE’s website at www.screenarchives.com - this is a way to thank you, our intrepid aficionados, for all your support these 3 amazing years, and to give many of you a chance to catch up on titles you may have wanted but put on the back burner, and also to encourage new devotees to try some of our more esoteric back-catalogue items. And thank you again for your patience while the March titles have been delayed.

Over the course of these 36 months we have climbed a very steep learning curve, and that process continues apace. We’ll continue to refine what we do and adjust to the constantly changing demands of the home entertainment business. And believe it or not, we hear what you tell us, and we’ll always try our best to adapt (take that, eco cases!!)

Also on Wednesday, March 19th at 4 pm EST when the April pre-orders go live, we will have approximately 150 copies of THE FRONT signed by the lovely Miss Andrea Marcovicci, which will be available for the usual $100 or more of TT product - but this month your $100 will go a lot further if you wish to take advantage of the price-promotion gang of 36 - all of which are listed below. SAE suggests that for those of you wishing to take part in the promotion and also inclined to obtain a signed copy of THE FRONT, use the list below to pre-load your shopping cart so you’ll be able to proceed directly to the autographed copy icon.

Once again, this promotion is for 5 DAYS ONLY - so get ready to start your engines - (PLEASE NOTE: all titles in the promotion will be discounted by $10 - which means those that ordinarily retail for $29.95 will be $19.95, and those that are $34.95 will be $24.95.)

5 DAYS ONLY - $10 OFF THE REGULAR PRICE - HERE IS THE GANG OF 36!

RAPTURE
PICNIC
ROOTS OF HEAVEN
SWAMP WATER
PAL JOEY
DEMETRIUS & THE GLADIATORS
BITE THE BULLET
DESIREE
THE WAYWARD BUS
COVER GIRL
HIGH TIME
STEEL MAGNOLIAS
THE SOUND AND THE FURY
RAINS OF RANCHIPUR
BONJOUR TRISTESSE
BELOVED INFIDEL
LOST HORIZON
THE BLUE LAGOON
EXPERIMENT IN TERROR
NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA
OUR MAN FLINT
IN LIKE FLINT
PONY SOLDIER
SONG OF BERNADETTE
PHILADELPHIA
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN
LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
THE DISAPPEARANCE
SEXY BEAST
ALAMO BAY
MINDWARP
THE OTHER
JANE EYRE
ROYAL FLASH
TITUS
And not to be left out - we still have 4 of the 9 titles we released on DVD in stock - and for this 5 day event, each will be $9.95
THE KREMLIN LETTER
VIOLENT SATURDAY
WOMAN OBSESSED
MY COUSIN RACHEL

• Reed Grele, Mark Cappelletty, Adam Gregorich and 7 others like this
";s:7:"insider

#2 of 114 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:07 AM

Congratulations!

Thanks for the special event.

#3 of 114 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,278 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:14 AM

Congrats Nick and Brian!

We wish you many more successful years.

• Twilight Time likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 114 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,242 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:17 AM

It does seem like only yesterday that I saw that article on the L.A. Times website introducing Twilight Time, even before reading about it here.  That was truly exciting.

• Adam Gregorich likes this

#5 of 114 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 900 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:28 AM

well,part of me thinks  its great that they started doing Blu Rays,But part of me is seeing all these MGM UA tiles coming out with no special features coming

out with 35.00 price tags (laser Disc Prices) when the same titles from MGM UA use to have list prices at 15.00 ,which is not a good thing

• Johnny Angell likes this

#6 of 114 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,922 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'magunna save me pennies and grab a few of these. Happy Birthday, Twilight Time!

#7 of 114 ONLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,627 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:49 AM

POPULAR

well,part of me thinks  its great that they started doing Blu Rays,But part of me is seeing all these MGM UA tiles coming out with no special features coming

out with 35.00 price tags (laser Disc Prices) when the same titles from MGM UA use to have list prices at 15.00 ,which is not a good thing

Here's an upcoming MGM title, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, it's $29.95 and here are the special features:

Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Writer-Producer Gordon Dawson and Film Historian Nick Redman / Audio Commentary with Film Historians Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons, David Weddle, and Nick Redman / Passion & Poetry: Sam’s Favorite Film / A Writer’s Journey: Garner Simmons with Sam Peckinpah in Mexico / Promoting Alfredo Garcia / 6 TV Spots / Original Theatrical Trailer

• Adam Gregorich, Robin9 and ROclockCK like this
"What we're fighting for, in the end...we're fighting for each other." - Col. Joshua Chamberlain in "Gettysburg"

#8 of 114 OFFLINE   EddieLarkin

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor

• 802 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:04 AM

Excellent news, thanks guys! Along with my order on Wednesday of Crimes and Misdemeanors, All the King's Men, Used Cars, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and (hopefully) The Front, I'll also be making an order for High Time, Lost Horizon, Alamo Bay, Woman Obsessed and one other title. But I can't decide which:

The Roots of Heaven, The Wayward Bus, Pony Soldier or The Rains of Ranchipur. Any suggestions as to which I should go with? 

#9 of 114 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,233 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:05 AM

Hsppy 3rd Birthday to TT, Nick & Julie...hope you're around doing this for us for a long time to come!!! :thumbs-up-smiley:

• Adam Gregorich likes this

#10 of 114 OFFLINE   bruceames

bruceames

Second Unit

• 417 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:17 AM

POPULAR

Good time for me to pick up a couple of those obscure Fox titles which have never been released on DVD.  I have in mind The Wayward Bus and Rapture.

• Adam Gregorich, ahollis, JoHud and 1 other like this

#11 of 114 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:30 AM

Happy birthday! Thanks for some great titles. Looking forward to more.

#12 of 114 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:36 AM

I might have to go for Pony Soldier and High Time.

#13 of 114 OFFLINE   SAhmed

SAhmed

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:57 AM

Happy Birthday !

Thanks for some great titles - looking forward to more. Especially more Peckinpah please  :)

Regards,

#14 of 114 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,867 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:00 AM

Happy Birthday to your company and I hope you enjoy many more of them.  I plan on making some more purchases next week.

• Adam Gregorich and David_B_K like this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#15 of 114 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,895 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:00 AM

Three years, wow it just seems like yesterday.  Happy birthday and here's to many more!  Some great titles on sale BTW.....

#16 of 114 OFFLINE   haineshisway

haineshisway

Screenwriter

• 2,339 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:13 AM

There is no MGM Twilight Time title that has a $35 price tag - they are all $29.95 and, as pointed out to you above, some will have special features, but all will have the actual film :)

• Jack K likes this

#17 of 114 ONLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,216 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:17 AM

Happy birthday Twilight Time, and thanks for all of the great films on Blu-ray! So many treasures. Here's to many more...birthdays and Blu-rays!

• Moe Dickstein and Mark Collins like this

#18 of 114 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,867 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:18 AM

That's not entirely true as I have several TT BD releases with special features.

• Adam Gregorich and ahollis like this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#19 of 114 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,141 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:23 AM

Excellent news, thanks guys! Along with my order on Wednesday of Crimes and Misdemeanors, All the King's Men, Used Cars, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and (hopefully) The Front, I'll also be making an order for High Time, Lost Horizon, Alamo Bay, Woman Obsessed and one other title. But I can't decide which:

The Roots of Heaven, The Wayward Bus, Pony Soldier or The Rains of Ranchipur. Any suggestions as to which I should go with? 

Without a moment's hesitation, I'd recommend The Wayward Bus, not only an unfairly maligned picture, shot in beautiful 'Scope monochrome, but also graced by a fascinatingly candid behind-the-scenes commentary which puts a lot of its choices into perspective.

IMO the best film of the bunch is John Huston's The Roots of Heaven...which has become the red-haired stepchild in TT's collection for no discernible reason (no one even talks about it anymore, if they ever did). Beautiful film though with some strangely compelling performances. Big African adventure...with Orson Welles to boot...what's not to love?

The Rains of Ranchipur is simply good old fashioned purple passion soap opera fun, with a memorable supporting performance by Eugenie Leontovich...as the Maharani??? As daft as that sounds, it works. 2nd best cover art of the bunch (TWB is 1st) if that matters...just a beautiful package.

Like a lot of vintage Hollywood historical tales Pony Soldier played pretty fast and loose with actual events, specifically Canuck...heck they even fudged our flag in use at the time. Perhaps such anachronisms wouldn't bother many others but I couldn't fail to notice them. The Technicolor also had some dodgey spots (unfortunately, one of the Fox films with a long-ago-discarded negative). However, the outstanding early Alex North score has been beautifully presented and preserved here...which makes this title's merits an even draw for me.

• JoHud and benbess like this

#20 of 114 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,141 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 14 2014 - 10:45 AM

POPULAR

...and to the fine folks at Twilight Time who continue to make this exploration of the Fox, Sony, and MGM vaults possible, "Happy Birthday!!!"

• Adam Gregorich, Twilight Time and BPullen like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users