What's new

Twilight Time's Third Birthday! (1 Viewer)

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
A SPECIAL EVENT FOR TWILIGHT TIME’S THIRD BIRTHDAY ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19th!

It seems like only yesterday, but incredibly, Twilight Time turns 3 years old this month, and to celebrate we are doing something we’ve never done before which is to offer a special price-promotion on 36 of our Blu-ray titles (one for each month we’ve been in operation!) This promotion will last for exactly 5 days - it will begin with the April pre-orders on Wednesday, March 19th at 4 pm EST, and will run to Monday, March 24th at 4 pm EST. The promotion will be exclusive to SAE’s website at www.screenarchives.com - this is a way to thank you, our intrepid aficionados, for all your support these 3 amazing years, and to give many of you a chance to catch up on titles you may have wanted but put on the back burner, and also to encourage new devotees to try some of our more esoteric back-catalogue items. And thank you again for your patience while the March titles have been delayed.

Over the course of these 36 months we have climbed a very steep learning curve, and that process continues apace. We’ll continue to refine what we do and adjust to the constantly changing demands of the home entertainment business. And believe it or not, we hear what you tell us, and we’ll always try our best to adapt (take that, eco cases!!)

Also on Wednesday, March 19th at 4 pm EST when the April pre-orders go live, we will have approximately 150 copies of THE FRONT signed by the lovely Miss Andrea Marcovicci, which will be available for the usual $100 or more of TT product - but this month your $100 will go a lot further if you wish to take advantage of the price-promotion gang of 36 - all of which are listed below. SAE suggests that for those of you wishing to take part in the promotion and also inclined to obtain a signed copy of THE FRONT, use the list below to pre-load your shopping cart so you’ll be able to proceed directly to the autographed copy icon.

Once again, this promotion is for 5 DAYS ONLY - so get ready to start your engines - (PLEASE NOTE: all titles in the promotion will be discounted by $10 - which means those that ordinarily retail for $29.95 will be $19.95, and those that are $34.95 will be $24.95.)

5 DAYS ONLY - $10 OFF THE REGULAR PRICE - HERE IS THE GANG OF 36!

RAPTURE
PICNIC
ROOTS OF HEAVEN
SWAMP WATER
PAL JOEY
DEMETRIUS & THE GLADIATORS
BITE THE BULLET
DESIREE
THE WAYWARD BUS
COVER GIRL
HIGH TIME
STEEL MAGNOLIAS
THE SOUND AND THE FURY
RAINS OF RANCHIPUR
BONJOUR TRISTESSE
BELOVED INFIDEL
LOST HORIZON
THE BLUE LAGOON
EXPERIMENT IN TERROR
NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA
OUR MAN FLINT
IN LIKE FLINT
PONY SOLDIER
SONG OF BERNADETTE
PHILADELPHIA
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN
LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
THE DISAPPEARANCE
SEXY BEAST
ALAMO BAY
MINDWARP
THE OTHER
JANE EYRE
ROYAL FLASH
TITUS
And not to be left out - we still have 4 of the 9 titles we released on DVD in stock - and for this 5 day event, each will be $9.95
THE KREMLIN LETTER
VIOLENT SATURDAY
WOMAN OBSESSED
MY COUSIN RACHEL

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
It does seem like only yesterday that I saw that article on the L.A. Times website introducing Twilight Time, even before reading about it here. That was truly exciting.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
well,part of me thinks its great that they started doing Blu Rays,But part of me is seeing all these MGM UA tiles coming out with no special features coming
out with 35.00 price tags (laser Disc Prices) when the same titles from MGM UA use to have list prices at 15.00 ,which is not a good thing

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Peter Neski said:
well,part of me thinks its great that they started doing Blu Rays,But part of me is seeing all these MGM UA tiles coming out with no special features coming
out with 35.00 price tags (laser Disc Prices) when the same titles from MGM UA use to have list prices at 15.00 ,which is not a good thing
Here's an upcoming MGM title, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, it's $29.95 and here are the special features:
Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Writer-Producer Gordon Dawson and Film Historian Nick Redman / Audio Commentary with Film Historians Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons, David Weddle, and Nick Redman / Passion & Poetry: Sam’s Favorite Film / A Writer’s Journey: Garner Simmons with Sam Peckinpah in Mexico / Promoting Alfredo Garcia / 6 TV Spots / Original Theatrical Trailer

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Excellent news, thanks guys! Along with my order on Wednesday of Crimes and Misdemeanors, All the King's Men, Used Cars, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and (hopefully) The Front, I'll also be making an order for High Time, Lost Horizon, Alamo Bay, Woman Obsessed and one other title. But I can't decide which:

The Roots of Heaven, The Wayward Bus, Pony Soldier or The Rains of Ranchipur. Any suggestions as to which I should go with?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Peter Neski said:
There is no MGM Twilight Time title that has a $35 price tag - they are all $29.95 and, as pointed out to you above, some will have special features, but all will have the actual film :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Peter Neski said:
That's not entirely true as I have several TT BD releases with special features.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
EddieLarkin said:
Excellent news, thanks guys! Along with my order on Wednesday of Crimes and Misdemeanors, All the King's Men, Used Cars, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and (hopefully) The Front, I'll also be making an order for High Time, Lost Horizon, Alamo Bay, Woman Obsessed and one other title. But I can't decide which:

The Roots of Heaven, The Wayward Bus, Pony Soldier or The Rains of Ranchipur. Any suggestions as to which I should go with?
Without a moment's hesitation, I'd recommend The Wayward Bus, not only an unfairly maligned picture, shot in beautiful 'Scope monochrome, but also graced by a fascinatingly candid behind-the-scenes commentary which puts a lot of its choices into perspective.

IMO the best film of the bunch is John Huston's The Roots of Heaven...which has become the red-haired stepchild in TT's collection for no discernible reason (no one even talks about it anymore, if they ever did). Beautiful film though with some strangely compelling performances. Big African adventure...with Orson Welles to boot...what's not to love?

The Rains of Ranchipur is simply good old fashioned purple passion soap opera fun, with a memorable supporting performance by Eugenie Leontovich...as the Maharani??? As daft as that sounds, it works. 2nd best cover art of the bunch (TWB is 1st) if that matters...just a beautiful package.

Like a lot of vintage Hollywood historical tales Pony Soldier played pretty fast and loose with actual events, specifically Canuck...heck they even fudged our flag in use at the time. Perhaps such anachronisms wouldn't bother many others but I couldn't fail to notice them. The Technicolor also had some dodgey spots (unfortunately, one of the Fox films with a long-ago-discarded negative). However, the outstanding early Alex North score has been beautifully presented and preserved here...which makes this title's merits an even draw for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks