Unable to Line In with my TV (1 Viewer)

bevan.lee

Auditioning
Real Name
Bevan
Hi,

I recently have just bought 2 devices.

TV: Philips 32" PFL 3008Blu-Ray Surround sound system: HTB-5540D

In addition, i have a set up box that plays HD video that is connected to my television.

It worked perfectly individually in blu-ray disc playing. However, i am unable to have surround sound from my normal television. Could anyone assist me with this?

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
How is the TV & HD box connected to the HTIB (sound system)? What wires are you using in your connections? I'm going to look up the inputs/outputs of both items you mentioned as long as you've given us accurate model numbers

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Based on the what I came across off the manuals, your HTIB has all the connections needed except the TV itself unless I'm missing something. You'll have to run HDMI out to the TV, and HD box to one of the two inputs on the HTIB directly. Make sure the TV speakers are off, literally within the settings having the sound be set as "external speakers". If your HTIB allows you to, you can change various sound modes that will simulate surround sound. Not every TV programs is broadcast on a 5.1 sound mode. Let us know how that works out, more so how you had connected at first. Further suggestions will be kindly provided by the fellow members here

bevan.lee

Auditioning
Real Name
Bevan
Thanks Daniel for replying. First of all, i am connecting my set up box to my tv through the HDMI cable. The other HDMI cable was connected to the HTB 5540. I have tried to connect the yellow red cable to the HTB5540 as well.. but there is still no AUX sound from my system.

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Give this a try You'll have to run HDMI out to the TV, and HD box to one of the two inputs on the HTIB directly. Make sure the TV speakers are off, literally within the settings having the sound be set as "external speakers".

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Here is how the setup need to look when connecting using hdmi. Photo is taken directly from the HTIB manual. Can you tell us please what audio ports the TV itself has?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks