Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Fox Cinema Archives Debuts 18 New Classic Films on DVD starting March 18!

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#301 of 315 OFFLINE   GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted December 17 2014 - 01:27 PM

December 17 multi-film sets -

61I-Q8quvoL._.jpg  512k3%2B4KARL._.jpg

#302 of 315 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted December 17 2014 - 01:31 PM

December 17 multi-film sets -

61I-Q8quvoL._.jpg  512k3%2B4KARL._.jpg

Dammit, they could've done a Richard Widmark set, considering his centennial is coming up next Friday (Dec. 26). Why waste one of a handful of the Fox film of his I haven't seen on a triple bill with a grade-Z movie like RAIDERS FROM BENEATH THE SEA? I would love a Widmark set or three. I'm not sure how many of these have been released: THE STREET WITH NO NAME, SLATTERY'S HURRICANE, NO WAY OUT, RED SKIES OF MONTANA, MY PAL GUS, GARDEN OF EVIL, THE LAST WAGON, etc.

I saw RAIDERS back in 1965 on a double bill with ROBIN AND THE SEVEN HOODS. The "Raiders from Beneath the Sea" are just bank robbers wearing goggles and air tanks and carrying harpoon guns, who arrive at the bank (on a street near a Southern Calif. pier) by coming out of the water. Big deal. Even as kids, we knew we were being cheated. The co-feature was great, though.

#303 of 315 OFFLINE   GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted December 17 2014 - 02:30 PM

Also just been added -

51ykuBkMPoL.__.jpg61q24QCSomL._.jpg

#304 of 315 OFFLINE   David Steigman

David Steigman

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted December 17 2014 - 06:31 PM

Now why cant they do that with Hand of Death with John Agar or SpaceMaster X7 ??? Come on Fox spread the MOD wealth to all genres :)

#305 of 315 OFFLINE   Camps

Camps

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 04:11 AM

Now why cant they do that with Hand of Death with John Agar or SpaceMaster X7 ??? Come on Fox spread the MOD wealth to all genres :)

I'll second that!

• David Steigman likes this

#306 of 315 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 07:51 AM

Also just been added -

51ykuBkMPoL.__.jpg61q24QCSomL._.jpg

RED SKIES OF MONTANA! Another Widmark film! Why not a box set in time for his centennial?

• Robin9 and Mark Collins like this

#307 of 315 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 07:17 AM

The Last Wagon had a stand alone Pressed DVD release and Garden of Evil was part of a westerns box set. Both released about 10 years ago so not sure if they are still in print.

Dammit, they could've done a Richard Widmark set, considering his centennial is coming up next Friday (Dec. 26). Why waste one of a handful of the Fox film of his I haven't seen on a triple bill with a grade-Z movie like RAIDERS FROM BENEATH THE SEA? I would love a Widmark set or three. I'm not sure how many of these have been released: THE STREET WITH NO NAME, SLATTERY'S HURRICANE, NO WAY OUT, RED SKIES OF MONTANA, MY PAL GUS, GARDEN OF EVIL, THE LAST WAGON, etc.

I saw RAIDERS back in 1965 on a double bill with ROBIN AND THE SEVEN HOODS. The "Raiders from Beneath the Sea" are just bank robbers wearing goggles and air tanks and carrying harpoon guns, who arrive at the bank (on a street near a Southern Calif. pier) by coming out of the water. Big deal. Even as kids, we knew we were being cheated. The co-feature was great, though.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#308 of 315 OFFLINE   lionel59

lionel59

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted December 20 2014 - 03:08 PM

Here are two more recent announcements, including another Carole Landis title:

InternationalSettlement.jpg

ItShouldntHappen to a dog dvd.jpg

#309 of 315 ONLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted December 21 2014 - 11:47 AM

Here are two more recent announcements, including another Carole Landis title:

Yes, more Carole Landis, seen here in a publicity shot for It Shouldn't Happen To A Dog.

It Shouldn't Happen To A Dog.JPG

I just hope the picture quality is as good as with the Manila Calling disc.

#310 of 315 OFFLINE   lionel59

lionel59

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted December 21 2014 - 08:39 PM

Shouldn't Happen to a Dog  LC.JPG

A color 11 x 14 Lobby Card featuring Carole Landis and John Ireland.

• Robin9 likes this

#311 of 315 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted December 24 2014 - 02:48 PM

Well, Fox may have forgotten, but I haven't.

Richard Widmark centennial tribute on my blog: https://briandanacam...ark-centennial/

#312 of 315 ONLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted December 24 2014 - 03:36 PM

Well, Fox may have forgotten, but I haven't.

Richard Widmark centennial tribute on my blog: https://briandanacam...ark-centennial/

Interesting essay. Three points:

1) Slattery's Hurricane is available on a Fox MOD disc. Not a bad disc with reasonable picture quality.

2) Towards the end of his life Widmark gave an on-stage interview in London at the British Film Institute. He was far more flattering about the various directors he worked with than your article suggests. This interview used to be on-line and, I guess, still is.

3) It is very much to be hoped that Take The High Ground will eventually make its way to disc, presumably via Warner Archive

#313 of 315 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted December 25 2014 - 03:39 AM

Interesting essay. Three points:

1) Slattery's Hurricane is available on a Fox MOD disc. Not a bad disc with reasonable picture quality.

2) Towards the end of his life Widmark gave an on-stage interview in London at the British Film Institute. He was far more flattering about the various directors he worked with than your article suggests. This interview used to be on-line and, I guess, still is.

3) It is very much to be hoped that Take The High Ground will eventually make its way to disc, presumably via Warner Archive

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look for that interview. I hope you don't mind, but I added your response as a comment to the piece. :thumbs-up-smiley:

#314 of 315 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 PM

I bought International Settlement from Amazon . The DVD case is correct . But the disc inside is High Tension . But if you play the dvd it is International Settlement . Not sure if this is a whole run of this title or I just lucked out with a messed up disc . I put in for a replacement . Hopfully the next one is made correctly .

#315 of 315 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,894 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 PM

I bought International Settlement from Amazon . The DVD case is correct . But the disc inside is High Tension . But if you play the dvd it is International Settlement . Not sure if this is a whole run of this title or I just lucked out with a messed up disc . I put in for a replacement . Hopfully the next one is made correctly .

Probably a bit of a mix-up, the person (?) running off the disc maybe grabbed a disc from the wrong pile. 

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users