Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Disney films on BD: which ones have they got right?

Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 07:07 AM

Run away...just run away from Home on the Range. I don't know why, but it's blurry! The whole movie! Weird, for something shot in this century. Princess and the Frog looks, terrific...but then, it came out after bluray was invented. Lady and the Tramp seems all right to me.

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   Jade Cardigan

Jade Cardigan

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 04:03 PM

Dumbo is very accurate. Bambi can be made to look good if you turn the color saturation way down. Peter Pan and Lady & the Tramp aren't too bad. Parts of Fantasia are correct, other parts no. Snow White looks like a completely different film. Cinderalla is bad. Sleeping Beauty and Alice are the worst.

Stephen,May i ask what you mean by Snow White '' looks like a completely different film''? Do you mean colors are off, optical effects, or both?

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,119 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 04:49 PM

Lady of the Tramp is one of their best blurays, in my opinion, it looks excellent.

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,942 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 07:05 PM

i have a great deal of them and the "bad transfers" are the minority the majority is made with such love and care the "disney" it is not surprising. you almost wished all other studios held their classics in such high regard. some highlights: -snow white -sleeping beauty -pinocchio any of the cg are great because they are straigt encoded from computers
  • Johnny Angell likes this

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,942 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 07:06 PM

i meant to write "the disney way"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users