• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,978 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 06 2014 - 08:47 PM

Apple has always claimed in their financial reports that Apple TV is a hobby.  Well, $1B in sales seems to be a little bit more than an hobby.  Priced @ $99 there is the sweet spot for a large swath of consumers to try it out.  I have one, but rarely use it -- accept for when I want to use AirPlay with my iPad to through streaming video to the HDTV. 

A new version of Apple TV is rumored to be announced this April and it is expected to have a new  processor with higher performance and an upgraded UX. Apple is reportedly negotiating over a new agreement with Time Warner Cable which would be the first agreement with a cable or satellite provider.

Of course, this all leads to the long standing rumor of Apple coming out with their own HDTV.  Could the amount of folks that own a Apple TV reach the tipping point that Apple feels they will have the "right formula" to launch such an effort? 

apple_tv_correct1.jpg

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 4 huskerbear@frontier.com

huskerbear@frontier.com

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 05:54 AM

The funny thing is, the poll in the next thread down is , what is the most popular video streaming service, and this box does NONE of them?

What is your favorite "pay-per-view" video streaming service?
  1. bullet_star_rated.png VUDU (10 votes [83.33%] - View)

2. CinemaNow (0 votes [0.00%])

3. M-Go (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Redbox (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Target Ticket (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Other (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

#3 of 4 Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,697 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted March 07 2014 - 06:16 AM

As much as I love vudu, the poll is biased. There's only one non-UV service is Redbox Instant. To be fair, I would have made the Poll like this:

Vudu

Amazon Prime

Amazon Instant

Netflix

iTunes

Redbox Instant

MGO

Target Ticket

#4 of 4 Squashy

Squashy

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 11:11 AM

I believe since apple tv is such a simple service it should be included in more advanced devices. Since all it does is turn an ipad, iphone into a readable format. If one plugs their computer into a tv you have access to all the itunes elements.

I own an apple tv as well, and of course i know it has apps which can be nice but I feel they are just making $100 by turning that little box into a wifi unit for an apple product that should already be included in their devices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users