Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Frozen Blu-ray Review

Blu-ray Disney

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 of 28 OFFLINE   Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,220 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 11:01 AM

Well ... That's why I've also purchased the March 18th 2D domestic release. We won't be in a big hurry to get it in 3D.Still *really upset* with Disney right now ...
Joseph
---------------

#22 of 28 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,869 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 08 2014 - 02:34 PM

And especially with its Oscar wins, I would think a fully-loaded edition of the film on Blu-ray would be a no-brainer. There has simply GOT to be one down the road.

#23 of 28 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,759 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:35 PM

Thanks, Matt, for the great review.

This is the first Disney animated film that truly left me with a post film high in over ten years.  I don't think the plot is the strongest in Disney's catalog, but the characters and the great inversion of Disney's usual final outcomes more than make up for it.

You mentioned Wicked.

The funny thing is, with Elsa, I do think they got the best of Wicked.  They put Idina/Elphaba's voice inside Kristen Chenowith/Galinda's body.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#24 of 28 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,126 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:52 PM

No 3D, no sale- and shame on Di$ney for releasing this early on 'digital'- AKA the new DIVX!

Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#25 of 28 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 06:33 PM

It is disappointing that the two Disney films from the last year most worth getting on Blu-ray 3D (Oz and Frozen) are the two that seem to have had the most misguided home release strategies.

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#26 of 28 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 2,452 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 06:47 PM

It is disappointing that the two Disney films from the last year most worth getting on Blu-ray 3D (Oz and Frozen) are the two that seem to have had the most misguided home release strategies.

So, you're calling it a "strategy", then?  That's............charitable.   :rolleyes:

#27 of 28 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,869 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 11 2014 - 04:13 AM

It is true, though. Disney botched both of those home video releases experimenting with alternative delivery systems, and both seemingly (I can't speak authoritatively about Frozen since I've only seen it in 2D) their strongest arguments for 3D in the home in its current incarnation.

#28 of 28 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 10:01 PM

It is true, though. Disney botched both of those home video releases experimenting with alternative delivery systems, and both seemingly (I can't speak authoritatively about Frozen since I've only seen it in 2D) their strongest arguments for 3D in the home in its current incarnation.

If nothing else, Frozen did just cross the $1 billion mark in worldwide box office the other day, and I'm sure 3D showings probably helped with that.

I'm usually not any kind of cheerleader for 3D; I think it's been overused and run into the ground, like a lot of film technologies. But I felt this particular film made some genuinely creative use of it.

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users