Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CBS Releasing Horror at 37,000 Feet

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 07:17 AM

I see that CBS is releasing "The Horror at 37,000 Feet" on Mar 18. I would love to see this succeed and hope it leads to more tv movies being released. Is there any way to find out what other tv movies CBS controls?

• Mark Cappelletty and hypnohighball like this

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted March 06 2014 - 11:51 AM

http://www.amazon.co...r at 37000 feet

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 11:11 AM

Let's see Chuck Connors, Roy Thinnes, Buddy Ebsen, William Shatner, Russell Johnson, Frances Nuyen, Paul Winfield and H. M. Wynant...lot of iconic TV stars in a TV movie.  I may pick this up for the laughs at 37,000 feet.  ;)

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 05:24 PM

I see that CBS is releasing "The Horror at 37,000 Feet" on Mar 18. I would love to see this succeed and hope it leads to more tv movies being released. Is there any way to find out what other tv movies CBS controls?

You can look up what TV movies CBS and Paramount have the rights to by going to IMDB and seeing what ones were made by Paramount Television (type in name of company, then look for titles.)

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,697 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 05:46 PM

Never heard of this... is Shatner reprising his role from the classic Twilight Zone episode? :)

• Shatner's Grim Reaper likes this

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 06:04 PM

You can look up what TV movies CBS and Paramount have the rights to by going to IMDB and seeing what ones were made by Paramount Television (type in name of company, then look for titles.)

Would that include titles that they have acquired as well as titles that were shot through Paramount? I do remember some of these tv movies being shot through non-major production companies.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 310 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 04:24 AM

Never heard of this... is Shatner reprising his role from the classic Twilight Zone episode? :)

No, it a completely different role. He plays a fallen priest who is extremely cynical and drinks too much. His character undergoes some significant changes as the movie progresses but I don't want to give away the plot.

I agree with those who wish more tv movies from the 70"s would be released. Particularly the fright flicks genre. I just bought and watched the officially released version of The Initiation of Sarah. That was great to get. Two other titles which jump into my mind are Killer Bees (Kate Jackson), and Satan's Triangle (Doug Mcclure).

• hypnohighball likes this

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 06:34 AM

No, it a completely different role. He plays a fallen priest who is extremely cynical and drinks too much. His character undergoes some significant changes as the movie progresses but I don't want to give away the plot.

I agree with those who wish more tv movies from the 70"s would be released. Particularly the fright flicks genre. I just bought and watched the officially released version of The Initiation of Sarah. That was great to get. Two other titles which jump into my mind are Killer Bees (Kate Jackson), and Satan's Triangle (Doug Mcclure).

Here's a couple more. The Cat Creature with David Hedison and written by Robert Bloch. Dan Curtis' Curse of the Black Widow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users