Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems With Navigation

Best Answer Adam Gregorich , March 05 2014 - 01:00 PM

We made a change and things should be working now.  While I didn't have to clear my cache you might have to depending on your browser.  Thanks for the reports and sorry for the inconvenience.

Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 05 2014 - 10:23 AM

It's little things. For one when I hit FOLLOW THIS FORUM, no box appears to let me know my notification options, plus all the options when posting any kind of reply are gone (i.e. italics, bold, underline, add a link, add a photo, etc). Unable to add photos, too. Even the FOLLOW THIS TOPIC option is broke for me. Ha!

#2 of 16 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,354 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted March 05 2014 - 10:37 AM

It's little things. For one when I hit FOLLOW THIS FORUM, no box appears to let me know my notification options, plus all the options when posting any kind of reply are gone (i.e. italics, bold, underline, add a link, add a photo, etc). Unable to add photos, too. Even the FOLLOW THIS TOPIC option is broke for me. Ha!

Same here.

#3 of 16 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,036 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 05 2014 - 10:38 AM

As of today i am unable to click my name and get the dropdown list to see what posts have updated, it just goes to my profile instead, i guess the site is being worked on and something got changed today.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 of 16 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,756 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 05 2014 - 11:24 AM

I think that's a good guess, Malcolm.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 16 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,036 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 05 2014 - 11:32 AM

Lol Mike, yeah i hadn't read much on the problems when i posted that, i'm sure it will be fixed soon.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 of 16 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,756 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 05 2014 - 11:34 AM

We'll see! :lol: I'm lucky. I had a "Content You Follow" tab opened when things went awry. So I can use it still with a simple "refresh."

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#7 of 16 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,036 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 05 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm using the recent topics on the right side of the screen otherwise i wouldn't be replying.

#8 of 16 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,830 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 12:06 PM

Guys, I noticed the problems as well. Have just contacted the support team at IPS. They are looking into these missing navigational issues as we speak. Hopefully this will all be fixed shortly. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#9 of 16 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,756 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 05 2014 - 12:10 PM

Ron: Take a look at the Feedback Wanted thread pinned to the top of this forum. Dave Upton lays claim to tweaking things this afternoon.

#10 of 16 davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 441 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted March 05 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'm having problems as well, including giving a "like this" I didn't mean to hit because the screen keeps jumping around. Is there a way to take back a "like this"?
  • Rob_Ray likes this
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#11 of 16 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,354 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted March 05 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm having problems as well, including giving a "like this" I didn't mean to hit because the screen keeps jumping around. Is there a way to take back a "like this"?

Normally, after you "like" something, an option appears to "unlike" it. However, I just "liked" your message, and there's no taking it back now!
  • davidHartzog and FoxyMulder like this

#12 of 16 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,598 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 05 2014 - 01:00 PM   Best Answer

We made a change and things should be working now.  While I didn't have to clear my cache you might have to depending on your browser.  Thanks for the reports and sorry for the inconvenience.

• FoxyMulder likes this

#13 of 16 SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,830 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 05 2014 - 05:51 PM

Everything seems to be cool now with my own navigation of the site. Thanks. 

• Rob_Ray likes this

#14 of 16 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,036 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 31 2014 - 02:48 AM

As of today i am unable to click my name and get the dropdown list to see what posts have updated, it just goes to my profile instead, i guess the site is being worked on and something got changed today.

Scrub my comment, it's been fixed, i posted too fast.

#15 of 16 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,756 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 31 2014 - 11:19 AM

Scrub my comment, it's been fixed, i posted too fast.

confused-smiley-004.gif  Took you a few weeks to figure out things got fixed?

:biggrin:

#16 of 16 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,036 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 31 2014 - 10:24 PM

confused-smiley-004.gif  Took you a few weeks to figure out things got fixed?

:biggrin:

I'm having problems again since yesterday, the dropdown list isn't working for me from the home page but it seems to work once i get into a forum topic, very strange situation, same problem with notifications.

This is the page i am talking about, the home page, it's not working when i come in through this page.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users