What's new

iPhone not working on the HTF (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd mention that access to the HTF suddenly stopped working via Safari on my iPhone 5 with the most current iOS updated. I don't use the HTF app.When I get an email notification of a thread I am subscribed to has been updated, and I use the link in the email on the iPhone, when I get to the HTF, I just see a blank page.I tried restarting the iPhone and that didn't help. It works fine on my iPad mini. Maybe I should use the app?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My HTF app on my android quit. Did an un/re-install...works now.

But the site doesn't work via Android browser or Chrome.

So...not isolated. But you are the 2nd now...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, I saw your post about your Android browser access problem and wondered if it's related to the iOS problem. Looks like there is a connection.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm also unable to view HTF through my IPhone's browser. The app does work.It's been like this since last nightDavid

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dave. The problem for me was only on my iPhone 5. The browser access via an iPad was okay.Access to the HTF via the browser is now working on the iPhone for me too. I'm typing this reply on my iPhone with the browser.Hopefully this fixes the problem for the Android users too. This did get me to try the app. It's not bad. I like the alerts. But I guess ads were a necessity. Though I'd rather not see Google Android ads! :)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
There is a strong likelihood the mobile app will go away unfortunately, as it's just expensive vs. the ad revenue. We are discussing as an ownership team and will keep you all posted.
P.S - you aren't using an adblocker on your iphone/ipad are you? That wouldn't be very nice :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I didn't know there is an ad blocker option! I'm just putting up with the ads. I hope you guys sort out some sort of mobile app. I don't think I'll miss it once you eliminate it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Dave Upton said:
There is a strong likelihood the mobile app will go away unfortunately, as it's just expensive vs. the ad revenue. We are discussing as an ownership team and will keep you all posted.P.S - you aren't using an adblocker on your iphone/ipad are you? That wouldn't be very nice :)
iOS user. Don't use the app, and wouldn't miss it if it goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks