What's new

Blue Ray and DVD & WD Player Audio Work ONLY with TV On (1 Viewer)

Nestor B Bocaya

Auditioning
Real Name
Nestor B Bocaya
Hello! Please help me sort this out. I cannot play my audio cds and files if my TV is not switched on.

Details: My Yamaha RX V375 set up is as follows: Blue Ray to HDMI1, DVD to HDMI2, Cable Box to HDMI3 and TV AV Out to Yamaha Audio1. Yamaha HDMI Out is connected to TV HDMI In.

If the TV is on, I can play DVD, BlueRay and WD Audio alright BUT if I switch the TV off while any of these players are at work, the audio stops. If I play DVD, BlueRay or WD with the TV initially off, no audio comes out until I pull the HDMI OUT plug off from the Yamaha Receiver.

Kindly tell me what is wrong. Thank you.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What Sam is saying is, hdmi has content management which requires certain things to be happening in order to work. For your audio only inputs when playing music with the TV off, use a digital audio output from the player (optical or coax) to the receiver and set up inputs on the receiver for when you are listening to music. Then you're golden.

Also, after reading your post again, it sounds like maybe you are connecting the players and cable box to the tv, then audio from the tv back to the receiver. That's not the correct way to do things. For one, you will never get any surround sound other than dolby pro. Everything goes to the receiver, then an hdmi to the TV. At least, that sounds like what you are doing.

Nestor B Bocaya

Auditioning
Real Name
Nestor B Bocaya
JohnRice said:
What Sam is saying is, hdmi has content management which requires certain things to be happening in order to work. For your audio only inputs when playing music with the TV off, use a digital audio output from the player (optical or coax) to the receiver and set up inputs on the receiver for when you are listening to music. Then you're golden.

Also, after reading your post again, it sounds like maybe you are connecting the players and cable box to the tv, then audio from the tv back to the receiver. That's not the correct way to do things. For one, you will never get any surround sound other than dolby pro. Everything goes to the receiver, then an hdmi to the TV. At least, that sounds like what you are doing.
Thank you Mr Rice. I Have done those and I am now happy with my connections, - audio and video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks