What's new

need help with a dead subwoofer (1 Viewer)

bosley12

Auditioning
Real Name
blake
Today I purchased a klipisch lr106476 ported and powered subwoofer from the local pawn shop, just trying to give my current surround sound more depth, well I can not get the sub to turn on, the fuse was blown so I replaced that with a 250ma fuse, I believe that was the identical match, the marking was hard to read, what else could be my issue? My old sub works fine so cable and my denen avr 1713 is fully functioning, please And thank you for any help or input, my last resort is trying to open up the back to check internal connections

bosley12

Auditioning
Real Name
blake
They attempted to but failed, at the very end I personally pulled the fuse out in the store and noticed the glass was burnt, so I bought and went hone praying it was just a fuse but I have 72 hrs grace period to return it, if I open it up is their anything specific I should do and shouldn't do?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Shouldn't do?

Poke around while it is plugged in.

Should do?

Look around for a loose wire that looks like it fell off something obvious.

If nothing is "off inside", then the amp died.

If you gave anything more than $50, return it.

If you gave

bosley12

Auditioning
Real Name
blake
Well I'm a little over 100 into it, so I will proceed to return it, any suggestions on replacement subwoofer? I currently have what is included in the Polk audio tl 1600 series

bosley12

Auditioning
Real Name
blake
I have a denon avr 1713. The speakers are fine for now, I just have a medium to large sized room and the bass disapates to fast, I'm fairly new to home audio, car audio is what I'm fimalar with

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And bigger subwoofers have even bigger problems trying to get to 120hz.

Lower the task of your main speakers down to 80hz, then get a bigger subwoofer.

Or turn your present sub into a MBM(yes, MBM is a thing...)

And get a larger subwoofer in the 12" range.

Sub1200 Dayton to BIC F12 with "this"...

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-CX2310-Stereo-Frequency-Crossover/dp/B0002Z82LM (if you don't add "this"*...absolutely no point in a bigger subwoofer)

*As in, this is one example of many.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks