Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The Nutty Professor 50th Anniversary Collection

Warner BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 of 54 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,273 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 09:30 PM

I have been informed privately that Amazon has pulled quite a 

few Warner (and possibly other studio) preorders.  It may be due

to stocking issues or a glitch in their software.  I know they are 

having software issues with Blu-ray searches on their site as well.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#42 of 54 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 856 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:10 PM

Costco will have the set on full display, but when you go check out, they pull it away from you. It's like coitus interruptus.

#43 of 54 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,014 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'm thinking this because they don't want to get charged with violating the street date, if it still happens to be on June 3rd that this set is to be released, hence why the manager is having to pull the stock for now until this coming Tuesday. I know Wal-mart has been getting into a lot of trouble with WWE over releasing some of their titles before street date, but Kmart does that all the time without any complaints though, so it's like a two-edged sword here.

#44 of 54 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,239 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted May 31 2014 - 04:19 AM

What's amazing -- and I said this to the local manager as he robbed me of my treasure -- is that this happened at so many Costco locations.  How does the identical early-display mistake occur across the U.S. of A.?  (He wasn't interested in pursuing the subject.)

#45 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,187 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 31 2014 - 04:59 AM

What's amazing -- and I said this to the local manager as he robbed me of my treasure -- is that this happened at so many Costco locations.  How does the identical early-display mistake occur across the U.S. of A.?  (He wasn't interested in pursuing the subject.)

It's been a long time but based on my time working in retail, I'd guess that the product/display was supposed to be up this week. The actual stores were just putting out what they were supposed to but the company- who tells them what and where to put things- had them display it too early while simultaneously still enforcing the street date.

#46 of 54 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,039 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted June 02 2014 - 02:09 PM

Mine shipped from Amazon. Should be here on Tuesday. :)

6/3/14 UPDATE:

It's here!

20140603_114400.jpg

#47 of 54 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,039 posts

Posted June 03 2014 - 10:49 AM

This is a very nice box of stuff. The flap even has a magnetic catch so the contents won't fall out when handling. Nice touch.

Also great that it includes 2 additional movies (The Errand Boy, and Cinderfella) albeit on DVD.

I'll be busy reading and watching tonight.

I wonder if anyone received Jerry's personal message with his real (not copied) signature? Now that would be extra special! :)

NuttyProfBox.jpg

#48 of 54 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,239 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted June 03 2014 - 01:39 PM

Just picked mine up at Costco.  What a BEAUTIFUL set.  Thank you, Jerry Lewis, and thank you, Warner Bros.  THIS is what I look for in a Big Box, and this one doesn't disappoint in any way.  It's just beautiful.  Guess what I'll be watching tonight.

(Okay, there has to be at least ONE little gripe -- right?  :)  Why couldn't the two additional films included on DVD -- or at least one of them -- have been something that hadn't already been issued in the ten-film set from a few years back?)

(Love that set, too, but this is just exceptional.)

Ron, sorry about not pre-ordering this through HTF.  When it comes to things like box sets, I'm a nut about picking and choosing my own copy and avoiding shipping/handling damage.  (Hell, I even bought a SECOND copy of Mad World today to mostly correct the faults of the first one.  Big spender, eh?  You should see the bills I light my cigars with.)

#49 of 54 OFFLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,586 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 08:34 AM

The world premiere was held on June 4, 1963 in Houston. From that date to July 17 in New York, Jerry went on an extensive 22-city tour promoting the film.

Nutty c.jpg

• Persianimmortal likes this

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg

#50 of 54 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,039 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 10:23 PM

I always get a kick out of the sight gags Jerry Lewis placed in this film. Now made even more obvious thanks to the 1080p BD resolution and state of the art transfer.

Here are a few:

I'm sure that the name chosen for the professor (Julius F. Kelp) was more than mere coincidence considering the man who occupied the oval office at the time would have shared the same monogram on the brief case.

20140605_222923.jpg

Notice the barely visible Jerry Lewis caricature drawn on the back of the test paper he's holding?

20140605_223423.jpg

• cwilli likes this

#51 of 54 OFFLINE   cwilli

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted June 05 2014 - 11:28 PM

Never would have noticed these. Thanks for pointing them out.

#52 of 54 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,461 posts

Posted June 08 2014 - 08:39 AM

I watched the disc last night, it looked great! I noticed that sketch too on the test papers. I had not seen the film in a while. It's still funny. And Buddy Love is really a scumbag! The richer colors and the resolution really made me more aware of the make-up on Lewis as both Julius and Buddy's darker make up.

I have the very early DVD of this film, so I never got any of the later releases, I sampled the audio commentary up till the gym sequence and I was taken by how strong Lewis sounded and I figured this must be an old recording when he was younger. And them talking about it being the 40th anniversary, so this must have been for the 40th Anniversary release. :). So I was kind of surprised there wasn't a more recent commentary for the 50th. But I have a feeling Lewis felt it was fine and he didn't have anything to add.

#53 of 54 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,200 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 08 2014 - 09:20 AM

Anyone have thoughts about this movie being Jerry's version of a Lewis and Martin movie without Martin actually playing his part.
facebook.com/whotony

#54 of 54 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 498 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted June 08 2014 - 09:33 AM

OK, this one is slated for a July purchase.  I plan to team The Nutty Professor Blu with the My Friend Irma/My Friend Irma Goes West DVD (which featured Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin).

MyFriendIrma_Movie.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users