What's new

The Voice - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I feel as though Season 6 has started off very well. I actually prefer Shakira and Usher to Christina and Cee Lo. The conversations and quips are much more dynamic. They all seem to be having fun.

And, the talent this season seems to be quite a bit better than last season.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
spshultz said:
I feel as though Season 6 has started off very well. I actually prefer Shakira and Usher to Christina and Cee Lo. The conversations and quips are much more dynamic. They all seem to be having fun.

And, the talent this season seems to be quite a bit better than last season.
Yes, I agree with you on all those points.

I also MUCH prefer the Shakira and Usher combo as opposed to the Christina and C Lo. Personally, I can not abide Christina and her phony persona, stuck up and arrogant manors. Only a few worse like Mariah Carry that bother me more so.

The talent does seem quite impressive so far and is indeed better than most anything I had heard the season prior. To me, this show overall has much more of an adult appeal and is very well produced. I stopped watching Idol years ago and so did everyone I know in my work. We all prefer The Voice and the talent they have without all the "reality" trash that took over Idol after several years.

Can't wait to see the others they get, Adam so far seems to have a slight edge in his group.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The top 12 all can sing, though the 2 who didn't make the viewer's cuts this week were not surprises considering neither of the 2 singers had much screen time this season. So, kudos for a strong dozen, and now an even stronger top 10 going forward.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This is a very good group of finalists. We're pulling for Christina and Delvin to win it. But Sisaundra and a couple of others are very strong.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
What an awesome show last night.

Christina really nailed it. What I love about her voice is her control during changes in dynamics, and especially how not only the dynamics change but also her tone quality. Her pianissimos were wonderful and controlled (without losing any intensity) during this performance. And I appreciate how she can gradually expand her voice into a Joplin-esque quality every now and then. The contrast between her timbres during changes in dynamics is what won me over several weeks ago.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My top 2 from last night were Audra and Christina, with Sisaundra doing some nice work too, but a little odd phrasing during her song.

Bria and girl who was in the bottom 3 might be going home, if Itune sales are any indication...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Patrick Sun said:
CeeLo isn't coming back, is he? I thought I'd heard he's doing his own thing in the fall.
I don't know, but Pharrell Williams was on Stern today saying that he has taken a position with The Voice, so I assume he will be a judge next cycle.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, that was quite intense for my family and I tonight. When our favorite was saved into next week's final, my kids jumped out of their seats. Christina didn't have her best stuff last night or tonight (perhaps until Apologize). I hope Adam leaves her voice alone (no new electronic gizmos this time please) and lets her pure tone shine when she sings next week. I also hope that she uses her dynamic range a bit more rather than belting out whichever tune(s) she ends up choosing to perform.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That was a wonderful two nights of vocal performances. I enjoyed a greater number of the works chosen by the fans/finalists for these two shows than I have any of the preceding shows. It was quite a variety and the performances were very good.

Although my pick to win it all came up short, I was very happy to learn that Christina Grimmie was offered a record contract by Adam Levine. That made my night. My family and I are looking forward to seeing what genres she will be exploring and my daughters are already anxious to pick up her first album once it is released. :)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I enjoyed this season of The Voice, as I have enjoyed the previous seasons. While I favoured either Christina or Jake over Josh, I am still happy with the results.

The talent on this show, coupled with the personalities of the judges and, dare I say, positive outlook of everyone involved, runs circles around the other singing competition shows.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought Josh's final performance sounded ragged. Jake is just odd to me from a personality standpoint. Christina is the one who I think will have a longer career, sort of like how Miranda Lambert finished 3rd on Nashville Star, but no one can remember who the other 2 guys were who finished ahead of her (Actually, I think it was Buddy Jewell and John Martinez). :D

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Patrick Sun said:
Jake is just odd to me from a personality standpoint.
Then you're obviously a city guy and never been around many midwest or southern people. His personality is spot on with how most TRUE country people are. They are not your sissy, girly men you meet in other parts (i.e. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Lauer, etc.) He's spot-on for how he grew up and where he is from, as was even mentioned by Blake on the show.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Josh Dial said:
I enjoyed this season of The Voice, as I have enjoyed the previous seasons. While I favoured either Christina or Jake over Josh, I am still happy with the results.

The talent on this show, coupled with the personalities of the judges and, dare I say, positive outlook of everyone involved, runs circles around the other singing competition shows.
I would totally agree with that, it has become the only singing, talent show I watch. Idol and such are too much "reality" shows and less about actual talent. The Voice continue to impress me with the quality of what they do.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jeffery_H said:
Then you're obviously a city guy and never been around many midwest or southern people. His personality is spot on with how most TRUE country people are. They are not your sissy, girly men you meet in other parts (i.e. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Lauer, etc.) He's spot-on for how he grew up and where he is from, as was even mentioned by Blake on the show.
Wow...nice set of assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks