What's new

Survivor Season 28 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This may make a history first as probably the dumbest tribal council I have ever seen, I was laughing out loud at how mismanaged and braindead this was. The moment that someone through all their food on the fire, I was laughing outrageously.

I have no idea how this season will play out, but it might be one of the funnier ones in a while.

'The fact that you are a nuclear engineer is GENUINELY SCARY"

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Terrific episode. Very enjoyableI liked how they stated that the Brains had an average IQ of 130. Assuming that the Lawyer and the Nuclear Engineer and the Chess Expert are possibly above 150, that left someone (hmmm, Garrett possibly?) to offset them with a much lower score.

mike caronia

Second Unit
If Garrett is a pro poker player, I'd bet his IQ is pretty high.
But yeah, not the brightest bunch for sure.

GREAT premiere. No fanfare, no spoilers out there...loved it.
I'd like to volunteer to be president of the Morgan fanclub. Hope she doesn't get the boot early.

Cliff Robinson...can't hide the fact that he played in the NBA! ha

I can see lots of villains so far.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"This is the oddest tribe I've ever seen".I started laughing when Jeff said that. It's still making me grin. The fact that the guy didn't even take his HII to tribal is just the capper. Clearly a recruit and not a superfan. And the first guy voted made the mistake of playing for post merge on the first day. He seemed like a superfan, but he really had no aptitude for the game. I guess he thought too much.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Great start and I like the simplicity of the division of tribes. Should bring out the best and worst fairly quickly. How do you play the beauty/brains/brawn card when every one of your tribe mates has a similar quality? The essence of the game (teamwork vs. individual play and when to play those strategies) is beautiful simplicity, and a small change like dividing the tribes according to three of the most important traits of the players should have significant impact on the game play.

IMO the tribal division lulled the brains into a simple mistake. In most seasons, you want to start playing for the end as early as possible. But David and the rest of the brains tribe played for the end and simply forgot that the essential strategy early in Survivor is to win challenges and avoid tribal council, a point that is even more important with 6 person tribes. 3 days in and they are already at a decided disadvantage, not only because they are down 2 members, but also because they are fractured in spirit and trust of their tribe mates. Maybe they learned something about getting together, but they need to not lose for two challenges in a row, at least. It may be too late.

Morgan. Yeah.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Garrett didn't bring anything with him to tribal council (besides the clothes and shoes he was wearing). LOL! So glad he's gone. I agree with Spencer on his assessment of Je'tia, she's kray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Do we think Garrett's HII (left with his stuff back in camp) is still in play?

If some tribemate goes through his stuff, can they make claim on it?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For a 'poker pro', Garrett sure didn't consider the odds.There was a 20% chance he was going home anyway.He knew their was "literally 98%" chance that he would get at least one vote (J'Tia). He had been told to 'go home' by another player (Tasha). So that was another likely vote against him.So before council, he could reasonably expect 40% of the voteShould have brought the HII so that when he did the poker thing and read the other players, he would know when to hold and when to fold.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think he was just annoyed and hungry. He seemed really pampered and used to a regular eating schedule. Bwa-hahahaha!

And why don't people learn how to make shelter out of bamboo before they show up to play this game?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Love the posts so far. I know everything is fair game once an episode has aired, so I avoid reading things until I have time to catch up.

MSN of course flashes a headline telling who got booted, but I'm actually enjoying it. Knowing the final result, it's kind of fun to see the mistakes made and what caused the vote.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Mike Frezon said:
Do we think Garrett's HII (left with his stuff back in camp) is still in play? If some tribemate goes through his stuff, can they make claim on it?
Had not considered that, GREAT Qs. I was set to hate on Brice, but he said it exactly: Can't judge a book by its cover. I think he has some wiles and will surprise.The Wu Charles clan has potential.I hate the NJ cop =( No home state love. Not impressed with his teaming plan, and now he has an II.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If you watched the clip of the cop finding the HII out of context, it appears he's pleasuring himself in the lake. Which is why it's a lock to make The Soup.

If Garrett's HII is in with his belongings, there's a good chance the tribe will find it. But I get the feeling he buried it elsewhere, which is probably the reason why he didn't bring it with him to tribal -- it wasn't worth removing it from its hiding spot without being noticed. If that's the case, will the producers dig that one up and then distribute another one or will they distribute another one with the potential of someone accidentally stumbling upon Garrett's unused one?

mike caronia

Second Unit
Knowing how HII crazy in love Probst was when Russell was pulling them out of his ass, I'd bet money someone on the crew told the last guy in that tribe exactly where to find it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
One of the best episodes ever. Dump the beefcake and the "brain", perfect start to the season.

Why in the hell would that woman try and do the puzzle? I'm horrible at puzzles, so would certainly let the rest of my team know it so we could plan ahead an use our strengths at things we're good at. She should have been booted but somehow survived.

NolanJ

Second Unit
That former cheerleader... hubba hubba

And I don't believe for a minute that J'Tae is a nuclear engineer.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I don't think this was the first time someone got voted out and left their HII back at camp. It's been my impression the HII must be in an active player's possession. So I would think it's now out of play. They'll probably still get clues to where it's supposed to be hidden, tho.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey guys. I'm back.

I sat out last season --- partly due to the fact that I just had little time
to watch television and partly due to the fact I had become bored with
reality television in general.

Took a chance on returning to SURVIVOR, and I have to say, I am really
impressed with the manner in which they have revamped this show.

Love the idea of Brawn, Brains and Beauty. It's also quite astonishing to
see that Beauty can actually win over Brawn and Brains.

It looks like it's going to be an incredible season -- and this is coming from
someone that still feels that these shows are heavily scripted and the viewer
gets extremely manipulated in the process.

Some thoughts...

Love the Beauties, particularly when in a swimsuit searching for an idol. It's
going to be a great season filled with eye-candy.

From the Brawn side, I like Tony the cop. Sorry, Sam. Just like the confidence that
he has and think he's going to make an interesting Survivor.

From the Brain side, I like Kassandra, particularly for her honestly and the fact that
she told J'Tia exactly what all of us were thinking.

Spoiler:

By the way, I thought J'Tia should have gone home tonight, but I see the threat that
someone like Dave posed.

In any event, I am always happy to be part of this group. Look forward to discussing
this season with you.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No worries Ron, that's the beauty of the show, we can all have different favorites for different reasons. Tony actually grew on me a bit tonight, he's VERY sneaky, layers of lies. I like that. I thought he was gonna be a dope with that silly listening post but he's pretty crafty and thinking ahead.I WANT to like the smart guys but so far they are a huuuuuuuge disappointment. The brawny guys are showing that strength+average intelligence is far more important than average build+(allegedly) superior intelligence AT LEAST when all are separated out on their own. And I think that all of the brawn guys are way ahead of average on the brains section. It's tempting to say that's not 'fair', but how much more fun would it have been if they had been AIRHEAD brawn instead???They've effectively hamstrung the beauties and the brains by separating them from the grunts, the standard tactic of stepping back and controlling the game from the shadows or getting by because they arent much of a threat is severely crippled.Also, no sign of that II in Garretts stuff. Someone's gotta wise up on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks