What's new

Just got a home theater 7.1 system, what games/blu rays show it off the best? (1 Viewer)

Jemi200

Grip
Real Name
Jemi Bitti
I got the Onkyo HT-S5600. It's not the best but definitely good for the price and the price is what I had.

It sounds great so far and I can't wait to experience something that shows it off. What would some of those be?

I have a blu ray player, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Wii U, and Comcast X1 service with all the premium channels.

Thank you.

Ryse: son of rome would be good they put alot of work into the graphics I imagine sound would be a priority aswell. Excelent game. Also avatar bluray is awesome with full set up. Lights down and munchies in hand! New movie best being... endera game imo. Best book good film

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Watched Warhorse last night on blu ray, highly recommended for both audio and video. Brought the wife to tears several times but overall a remarkable story. Its rare that a 2.5 hour movie can keep me interested but Warhorse sure did.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Agree with some of the above selections, but would also consider:

- The Incredibles (just about anything by Pixar is going to be top-quality A/V)
- Tron: Legacy (I actually enjoy this movie, and it really gives your sub a workout)
- War of the Worlds (the Tom Cruise version - again, top notch sound and video, even if the film is lacking a bit).

Just about any modern action movie is going to be a sonic and visual feast. I've Redboxed Pacific Rim, World War Z, and Dredd and all had pretty good audio mixes, IIRC.

mccambley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Casey
Some classic goodies are Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Private Ryan,

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Don't forget my favorite genre...concert dvd's, especially in HD audio. But those in DTS can also sound fantastic like the Eagles Hell Freezes Over and Steely Dan's Two Against Nature.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
For the 7.1 sound try some of the Marvel movies like The Avengers, orCaptain America.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks