What's new

! Shout Out To/For Ron Epstein ! (1 Viewer)

Dougofthenorth

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
I would like to thank Ron for his incredible assistance for helping me get the last 2 wood grain speakers for my replacement speakers

Met Ron a short while ago on another forum - he invited me here.
[I have been helping out on his new 2 speaker addition]

It goes as follows...

Got my hands on 6 of the 8 needed replacement Focal speakers from Canadian sources,
for my Focal L&R mains & center.

All were matching wood grain color. (tweeters & woofers also)

I needed 2 more, but could not source them with matching wood grain in Canada

Found 2 at Crutchfield US where I have ordered from in the past - no problems at all.

Called Crutchfield US & they absolutely can't ship to Canada since Crutchfield Canada opened a few years ago.

Crutchfield Canada can't order in anything from Crutchfield US ????

Anyway, I bought speakers & had them hold them, then called Ron & he called the
agent, gave them his addy & tel# & all is OK.

They will ship to him free, then he will ship them to Canada to me. (I'm paying shipping)

I am overwhelmed with Ron's generosity, friendliness & above & beyond helpfulness.

So I wanted to post this in appreciation for all of this...

THANKS RON !!!! :cheers:

Dougofthenorth

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Well - another +1 for Ron

UPDATE
The pair arrived, (Focal 705s) BUT one of them had a shipping damaged TN2 tweeter
(Luckily, Crutchfield US agreed to ship just the tweeter via Ron to me, instead of me shipping back the speaker)
Ron agreed to go through all the deal again to ship the replacement

This time I did not have to pay any ridiculous Customs, broker, import fees or taxes, which cost me ~$300 for the 2 small speakers, (~25lbs) that were $500 on sale - Just the $25 to Ron for shipping
So it cost me ~ the same as buying them in Canada - BUT no matching wood grain ones were anywhere in Canada
So I'm happy as hell that my 11.1 will now have 11 matching wood grain speakers!!

Once again - Tx Ron much appreciated !! :drum: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks