Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

AGUIRRE Pre-order)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 01:53 PM

AGUIRRE, WRATH OF GOD (Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook)

For the first time on Blu-ray, this early masterpiece from legendary German director Werner Herzog (Fitzcarraldo, Grizzly Man, Cave of Forgotten Dreams and Nosferatu, the Vampyre) is available in a newly restored version.

Shot entirely on location in the wild Amazonian jungle, Aguirre stars the volatile German star, and Herzog regular, Klaus Kinski as a power-crazed explorer in sixteenth-century South America who leads a band of conquistadors through the Amazon in search of El Dorado. An ambitious exploration of doomed adventure and savage beauty, Aguirre remains one of Herzog's most extraordinary and brilliant achievements.

This specially designed, limited edition Steelbook is released ahead of an extensive Werner Herzog box set from the BFI, which will include newly remastered HD presentations of 18 of his greatest feature films and shorts.

Special features*

[*]Limited Edition Steelbook
    [*]Newly remastered HD presentation
    [*]Three additional Werner Herzog films, all remastered in HD:< li>
    [*]1. The Unprecedented Defence of the Fortress Deutschkreuz (1967, 14 mins)
    [*]2. Precautions Against Fanatics (1969, 12 mins)
    [*]3. Fata Morgana (1971, 79 mins)
    [*]Booklet with new essay and full film credits
    [/list]

Posted Image

AGUIRRE will be released on May 19th.  Available for pre-order from AMAZON.UK

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   atcolomb

atcolomb

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted February 23 2014 - 02:13 PM

I did see this too and i do have a all region blu-ray player so do i buy it or wait for the US region A release?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,269 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 05:44 AM

"so do i buy it or wait for the US region A release?"Well, do we know the specs of the US release?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users