Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 2-25-2014

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 of 50 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,303 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 09:15 AM

Good to have you back amongst us Mike!!!

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#42 of 50 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 24 2014 - 09:48 AM

Welcome back Mike

Thor2 3D -- $21.96 at Walmart. 1 sheet ad in many Sunday papers for Price Match purposes.

#43 of 50 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,526 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 10:55 AM

+1 - welcome back!!

DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#44 of 50 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 25 2014 - 06:45 AM

Amazon has dropped the Blu of Captain Phillips to $14.99.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#45 of 50 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,681 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted February 25 2014 - 06:05 PM

Welcome back, Mike!

Someone in one of the Gravity threads posted that Walmart will have the 3D edition for $19.96. I believe this is net after getting a $10 gift card. But I don't see any evidence of this online...anyone?

My Walmart had the 3D combo of Thor 2 for $21.96 (regular Blu for $18.96). They also have an exclusive extra, "Loki: The God of Mischief," but it's a streaming feature via VUDU, not on the disc itself.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#46 of 50 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,280 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted February 26 2014 - 09:36 AM

At Best Buy, this week, an EXCLUSIVE Collectible Steelbook Case with Thor: The Dark World.

Apparently, Best Buy pulled a Jaws on the steelbook, only shipping a handful of copies to stores yet dedicating 1/2 page of their weekly ad touting the exclusive. Most stores were sold out in minutes.

The good news is that the regular packaging release of the 3D Blu-ray is the same price - $22.99.

#47 of 50 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,681 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted February 26 2014 - 10:46 AM

Apparently, Best Buy pulled a Jaws on the steelbook, only shipping a handful of copies to stores yet dedicating 1/2 page of their weekly ad touting the exclusive. Most stores were sold out in minutes.

Sounds like Best Buy ... doing everything they can to piss off the few customers they have left.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#48 of 50 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted February 26 2014 - 04:50 PM

The good news is that the regular packaging release of the 3D Blu-ray is the same price - $22.99.

That's not a shock.  I think Jaws release day was the biggest cluster I've experienced there for a new release.  It led to having a totally insipid conversation with the manager.  She was clueless.

#49 of 50 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 27 2014 - 09:28 AM

With regard to the Thor 2 steelbook, I assumed that would happen. The nice thing about Best Buy is that you can order online for in-store pick-up. I ordered my copy of the steelbook at 9:30AM Tuesday and then it was there waiting for me when I picked it up Wednesday evening.

I hardly ever roll the dice anymore with a title actually being on the shelf at Best Buy.

#50 of 50 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,409 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 27 2014 - 03:47 PM

Welcome back!
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users