What's new

Deep DEEP bass in real music. (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I'm looking for something with synth bass in that is really really deep, but would qualify as music. Not that car audio test disk crap. No "Deep bass booty Ho's" please. Any suggestions.

Van Patton

Second Unit
Try Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up" (no pun). That has some serious bass. Also anything by Nelly hits really hard.

Robert V

Stunt Coordinator
"Blind" from Korn's self titled disc has some suprisingly good bass.
The Gorillaz disc has a few good tracks also.

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
What's "real" music?

Can you handle Handel? Or any other classical music?

Get yourself some Pipe Organ music. Bach if you can, and check out how low it can go.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As for the classical stuff... I have some classical sampler disks, but none of them really seem to have impact. Maybe I need something from a higher quality lable like Telarc. I have several classical music disks, but the ones I listen to the most are a classical sampler cd and one I just got that is a two disk collection of overtures It is on gold disks and is labled as "Reference Gold by Intersound" The problem with both disks is they each only have one track with really good bass. The RCA one has Toccata And Fugue In d and the overtures one has a good track of the 1812 overture that has very nice cannon fire. I do like classical music in general, and pipe organs are one of my favorite instruments. I guess if I am going to plop down 15 bucks for a disk I would like to know that the recording is good. Do you have any specific suggestions of what disks are good?

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
"Tiger", from Paula Cole's 1996 "This Fire" album. Has some very deep bass, and is also an excellent and well recorded song...

... and agreed on Bowie's "I'm Afraid of Americans". The entire "Earthling" album is great IMHO, although it doesn't seem to be popular amongst long time Bowie devotees.

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
Peter Gabriel did a re-mix (remake?) of his song "Games Without Frontiers" called the Massive DB mix on a single a while back...um...the single was off the US album, I can't think of which song it was off the top of my head. Nice, deep bass on that one, and a damn good version of a damn good song, too.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Bela Fleck & The Fleckstones - Flight Of The Cosmic Hippo might be a good one to try.

Jon

MikeAW

Second Unit
When I bought my wife her Blauplunk car CD player, I tested it with Metallica's "Enter Sandman"...it ROCKED !

Shawn C

Screenwriter
The last track from the Genesis Invisible Touch CD.

Also, pick up the Blue Man Group CD. I have the DVD, but I'm sure the CD has alot of BASS as well.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Some tracks/discs I have with great bass:
  • Moby - Porcelain (on the Play CD, or get Pure Moods III, which also has the aforementioned Gabriel track on it)
  • Titanic soundtrack - all of it
  • Mannheim Steamroller - I have their Christmas CDs, but they also have some non-Christmas ones, and I would expect they would sound similar
  • Casting another vote for The Brazilian by Genesis (last track on Invisible Touch)
I'm sure I have lots more but I tend to listen to CDs at work, through headphones so I miss out on the deep bass anyway. Sometimes I'm surprised when I happen to listen to one of my "work" CDs at home (Pure Moods III comes to mind). :)
KJP

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Enya - Sail Away (FF to about 1:40 into the song)
I almost forgot about that one! It's another one I listen to at work a lot and was surprised by the bass in it when I heard it on my system at home.

BTW, the title is Orinoco Flow (Sail Away).

KJP

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Also, a band called Sunya Beat, their CD called Delhi Slide, the third cut called Puravi Garden...oh my god!!!.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'll second the comment by Buzz. Earthling has some serious bass in it.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
LFO - LFO (Leeds Warehouse). Bass as far down as you care; Classic early Techno track, and has a tendency to win any battle of bass it ends up in. Warp Records catalogue number WAP5, if you're curious try streaming from the Warp site.
My other usual recommendations are to get Massive Attack's Mezzanine album particularly for Angel and Leftfield's Rhythm and Stealth as it includes the 'Surfers' Guiness ad music Phat Planet.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
The Peter Gabriel single in question is the Steam single. I have a copy that came in a nifty little black house (or church, I guess) shaped box.

The bass on the Games Without Frontiers remix is truly frightening.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks