Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 of 22 OFFLINE   sonomatom1

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted January 24 2015 - 08:13 AM

Like everyone else, I have nothing but praise for the UK 55 Days at Peking. Considering what a stunning restoration this release is, I find complaints about the cover art more than a little silly. After seeing the film for the first time since I was a teenager, I was surprised how well the film has stood up over the decades except for a decidedly mediocre score by Dimitri Tiomkin. I've long been a fan of his film music, so I was disappointed in his very '60s' sounding music. Highly recommended.

#22 of 22 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

• 1,872 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted January 24 2015 - 08:48 AM

Well I agree about the cover, I keep my Blu's in a draw & on a shelf, so don't care about the cover (but it is a rotten cheap looking cover, I mean was someone actually paid to design it?). I can't agree about Dimitri Tiomkin's great score, his typical mix of quiet & bombast with some great tunes, the kind of score you just don't get anymore. I have the two-CD original score.

I wonder if the team that did this at Pinewood is working on anything else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users