Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NYMPHOMANIAC (PRE-ORDER)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 12:15 PM

Product Description

Nymphomaniac is the wild and poetic story of a woman's journey from birth to the age of 50 as told by the main character, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg). On a cold winter's evening the old, charming bachelor, Seligman (Stellan Skarsgard), finds Joe beaten up in an alley. He brings her home to his flat where he cares for her wounds while asking her about her life. He listens intently as Joe over the next 8 chapters recounts the lusty, branched-out and multifaceted story of her life, rich in associations and interjecting incidents.

The new film from Lars von Trier (Melancholia, Antichrist), Nymphomaniac contains all the shock and controversy you would expect from the unrivalled enfant terrible of contemporary cinema. But don't let that put you off, because underneath the surface is a richly complex, fearlessly intelligent and frequently hilarious work that will provoke thoughts you never knew you had.

Available for pre-order from AMAZON.UK.  Release date 4/28

post-268687-0-67200900-1393099960.jpg

Attached Images

• Nympho.jpg

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,224 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 05:55 AM

So this includes part 1 & 2?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   AshJW

AshJW

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:25 PM

Probably not with the "hardcore" stuff, I guess?

Who knows, maybe it's better that way - or maybe not. ;)

Louise-Brooks_Sig_50.JPG

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,224 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 04:24 AM

There's already "hardcore" material in the film, I believe (actors using body doubles, though).

I guess they're planning to release a 5+ hour cut of the film at some point. Probably the version that Trier prefers.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   AshJW

AshJW

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted February 26 2014 - 11:04 PM

The version that is going to be released in Germany comes without the hardcore stuff - as far as I know.

Louise-Brooks_Sig_50.JPG

#6 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,451 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 27 2014 - 12:37 AM

The version that is going to be released in Germany comes without the hardcore stuff - as far as I know.

I haven't any versions yet. But Germany less explicit than UK?

Doesn't happen often.

I'm waiting on French and Italian.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,224 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 01:16 AM

Well at least be warned when watching this film. Hardcore scenes are probably included.

My friend saw the film at the press showing and it included hardcore scenes. But like I said, actors are using body doubles in certain scenes.

At the end of the day this is nothing new to Trier. "The Idiots" already included at least one hardcore scene. Trier is all about controversy, people hate and love his films at the same time.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   AshJW

AshJW

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 10:36 PM

I haven't any versions yet. But Germany less explicit than UK? Doesn't happen often. I'm waiting on French and Italian.

I was referring to the theatrical release. At least in the review was told, that it comes without the hardcore scenes.

Louise-Brooks_Sig_50.JPG

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,224 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 01:00 AM

Yes, we're talking about the theatrical release (well, I believe it's released as "Pt.1" and "Pt.2" at least in Europe = roughly 4 hours). The longer 5+ cut should come later on.

I remember reading that Trier abandoned the idea of a "soft core version" but who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users