What's new

Things You Just Don't Understand, Part 2? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
OK, in the previous "Things You Just Don't Understand" thread I crossed into a political area that is forbidden on the HTF. Sorry. I attempted to go back in an edit out my comments but it was too late. The thread was already closed! (That was quick!) I still don't understand it but should have kept it to myself and not gone there here.

But I would still like to hear from others on Things You Just Don't Understand (of a non-political nature, of course). Can we try it again? I'll let someone else start it off.

Denward

Supporting Actor
Just to keep things lighter than my last post in your other thread...

*Why people don't use turn signals. Some would rather communicate their intention to change lanes by drifting over and hope you get out of the way.

*Why do you park on a driveway, but drive on a parkway.

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
*Why people don't use turn signals. Some would rather communicate their intention to change lanes by drifting over and hope you get out of the way.
Because they assume we're all psychic? The number of times I've been tempted to press the accelerator and not teh brak when someoen changes lane right in front of me...

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
People who get annoyed when someone uses a cell phone on a bus or in a restaurant, which are both completely normal places to hold a conversation. If you were talking to your friend sitting next to you, nobody would care.

Speaking of people on the bus.... those who for whatever reason feel the need to change their seat 3 times, even if the bus is practically empty, and people who put their hand up on the cord and then wait for the perfect moment to pull it, like it actually make any difference.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Things I don't understand:
1. Why the person in front of me on a flight (coach seating) MUST put their seat back as far as it goes. I'm 6'4" and there is little room there to begin with. Tis usually a child doing this it seems.
2. Why the building is called an apartment when they are together :D
~Kurt

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Why until the 20th century - i.e. for most of human history, did battles consist of outright slaughter - e.g. the "gentlemanly" battles of the war of indpendence in which each side first took turns at blowing the shit out of those in front! If I was there I would have at least lied down to fire, and dodged the incoming shots! Sheer stupidity on the part of generals and soldiers alike!
And not to sound pedantic, but I think the apart in apartment signifies that although it is all one building, the residents are living apart from each other!;)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
And how the hell did Kid Rock get Pam Anderson!?! We've all seen his pics from the early 90s when he looked like Vanilla Ice!
And why hasn't Rini Bell became a household name yet? She's a hottie and was good in Bring It On. :)

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Why "musical" acts like 'N SYNC, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. are so popular. Yeah, there is a place for that kind of stuff, but they are making tons of $$$ on very little talent. The talent to cash ratio there is just way out of whack.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Why did anyone settle in northern climates? Did they not realize that there was southern climates that had beaches, tropical breezes and sun most days of the year?

Bruce

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll never understand how certain people can put so much stock in astrology, mediums, psychics, etc. Complete rubbish!

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Why did Chapters Bookstore always play those altered "modernized" Christmas Carols, which just rapidly repeat the melody, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!! It drove me nuts, and eventually, I just felt like leaving the store without anything.

Why is it that on all new digital channels they continue to place those annoying "bugs" on the screen, when these channels can only be seen by using digital technology, all of which with the push of a button, tell you exactly what station you're watching?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why did anyone settle in northern climates? Did they not realize that there was southern climates that had beaches, tropical breezes and sun most days of the year?
On the flipside, why do people settle where it gets to be 100 degrees in the shade? Areas that like should be declared uninhabitable? 60 degrees and cloudy, that's what I want

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks