What's new

Need An Inexpenisve Projector to Throw 18ft To A 120" Screen (1 Viewer)

jwh92020

Grip
Real Name
John Hiser
I'm looking for a "once in a while" projector to use for occasional movies and sports. Due to every thing that can make a room bad for projector use (ceilings that vault from 8 to 12 ft, light colored walls, limited open wall space), there is only one place in the room to hang a screen. Ceiling mounting a projector is out due to bad attic access, low hanging fan, and hvac ducts in the area, so mounting on the rear wall is about the only option. I have a old Infocus IN72 (900 lumens, 2000:1, 854 x 480) that we have been using on a 92" screen. The picture is actually pretty good. There are 3000 hours on the lamp, but I have a new lamp to replace it, According to Projector Central, the IN72 will shoot 18ft to a 120' screen. Not sure how bright it will be even with a new lamp, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on another projector. My only real "have to haves" are HDMI, 720p and preferably DLP. I tried out a used Panasonic PT-AE700U, and it shot the 18ft to my 92" screen, but the picture has a green tint in the center, the bulb looked dim and the picture did not look as good as the IN72. I have heard that the old LCDs used organic panels and they crapped out pretty regularly. My budget is in the $300-350 range. I could push it a bit if it's a super deal. Also, ant recommendations on a 120" pull down screen would help. I currently have a 92" Mustang screen ($80 on Amazon) that seems to work pretty well. If there is a projector that will shoot 18ft to the 92" screen, I could bump the budget a bit as I wouldn't have to buy a screen. Thanks in advance.

jwh92020

Grip
Real Name
John Hiser
I would be buying used right now. There are a few things I need to do around the house before I spend new projector money. A friend is sending me his Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 720 (he just got an 8350), According to it's specs, it should do what I'm looking to do. I'll find out this weekend.

jwh92020

Grip
Real Name
John Hiser
All I'm paying for is shipping ($25). I figure it should get me through until it's new projector shopping time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks