What's new

Disney's comps (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
For those in the know.....Did not wish to divert the other Disney thread up here...so thus this...it was mentioned that the "classic" animation has almost all been released on blu....how about the compilations?? 1. Do they have a chance of being released 2. and the big one...might they have all of their parts put back in? The DVD transfers to need a bit of a hug. Very nice animation in these....!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I made a guess last year that we would have two (final) waves of Disney animation in 2014:

Tarzan
Hercules
The Black Cauldron

Make Mine Music / Melody Time
Adventures Of Icabod and Mr. Toad / Fun and Fancy Free
Three Caballeros / Saludos Amigos

We'll see....

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Dick said:
I made a guess last year that we would have two (final) waves of Disney animation in 2014:

Tarzan
Hercules
The Black Cauldron

Make Mine Music / Melody Time
Adventures Of Icabod and Mr. Toad / Fun and Fancy Free
Three Caballeros / Saludos Amigos

We'll see....
Those would ALL be most welcome!

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'd buy 'em all. Fantasia is one of my favorite films of all time, and all six are like sequels (in a way). ;)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well a bump for an old topic, but it looks like Disney may be emptying the bucket to get out most of their unreleased animated titles

From Disney.Wikia.com/wiki/The_Disney_Wiki (via Bluray.com)

August 11 - Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros: 2-Movie Collection
August 11 - Make Mine Music/Melody Time: 2-Movie Collection
August 11 - A Goofy Movie/An Extremely Goofy Movie: 2-Movie Collection
September 8 - The Black Cauldron: 30th Anniversary Edition

Along with the previous announcements this doesn't leave much of the classic library in SD only and I think this completes the
"Walt Disney Animation Studio" branded items

June 16 Spirited Away
June 16 The Cat Returns
October 13 Aladdin Diamond Edition

(EDIT: this site is not the one I was remembering so the reliability may be a bit iffy)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
With 101 Dalmatians 2 coming to wide release in early June, this doesn't shock me. Disney has been "dumping" waves of titles on the same day for a few years now in an effort to clear out the vault. It's HIGH time Black Cauldron gets a new release, though I'm not expecting a lot from the disc.

The only thing that hasn't been released yet are the Aladdin sequels. My assumption is they will hit a week or two after the Diamond Edition of Aladdin...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brandon Conway said:
Even better, the Wki entries specifically state that Saludos Amigos and Make Mine Music are no longer censored.
I guess "I'll believe it when..." applies. Not truly a dealkiller for me either way.

Jason_V said:
With 101 Dalmatians 2 coming to wide release in early June, this doesn't shock me. Disney has been "dumping" waves of titles on the same day for a few years now in an effort to clear out the vault. It's HIGH time Black Cauldron gets a new release, though I'm not expecting a lot from the disc.

The only thing that hasn't been released yet are the Aladdin sequels. My assumption is they will hit a week or two after the Diamond Edition of Aladdin...
Based on past groupings, I'd assume you are right since those were reasonable popular (I know I have those on some combination
of LD and ??VHS from back in the day) though there are still a few missing -- not that some
don't deserve to stay missing.

Hercules: Zero to Hero
Belle's Magical World
Buzz Lightyear
Tarzan and Jane
Tarzan II
Leroy and Stitch
Stitch: The Movie
Several of the Winnie the Pooh variants

Of course the Live/Animation mixtures
Victory Through Air Power
Song of the South
So Dear to My Heart

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
David Norman said:
Based on past groupings, I'd assume you are right since those were reasonable popular (I know I have those on some combination
of LD and ??VHS from back in the day) though there are still a few missing -- not that some
don't deserve to stay missing.

Hercules: Zero to Hero
Belle's Magical World
Buzz Lightyear
Tarzan and Jane
Tarzan II
Leroy and Stitch
Stitch: The Movie
Several of the Winnie the Pooh variants

Of course the Live/Animation mixtures
Victory Through Air Power
Song of the South
So Dear to My Heart

Good catch...I didn't even think about those (obviously). I can't see a wave or two with these films by themselves (they're not popular enough). I can see some being added to September 8 and then the others trickling out a little at a time.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Would love to see deleted footage from Black Cauldron (if any of it exists). I wonder if there will be any extras on this release? I have the old DVD of the film which wasn't too bad.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would definitely buy the BluRay/DVD combo of Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros: 2-Movie Collection and Make Mine Music/Melody Time: 2-Movie Collection if they are actually uncensored.

Darby

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna temper my initial hopes -- this is a different site than I was remembering. From looking at some past
issues this site may not be quite as reliable as the other so take this as rumor for now

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Last year's August releases were announced May 14th, which was a Tuesday exactly the same time distance away as we are from today and these potential August releases. I doubt that's a coincedence. I bet we get a formal announcement soon.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
David Norman said:
I'm gonna temper my initial hopes -- this is a different site than I was remembering. From looking at some past
issues this site may not be quite as reliable as the other so take this as rumor for now

Same. They delivered some real bogus info last year. Could be true, but might not.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
In reference to The Parent Trap. Just got off the phone with DMC Customer Service. They did some checking but no news yet. I also sent them a email requesting this title be brought to Blu-ray (both 1961 and 1998 editions).

Fingers crossed.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
skylark68 said:
Would love to see deleted footage from Black Cauldron (if any of it exists). I wonder if there will be any extras on this release? I have the old DVD of the film which wasn't too bad.

Never hock a Disney DVD before you see a review of the Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks