• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 442 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted February 15 2014 - 11:59 AM

Help Dave Upton !! When using the HTF iPhone, I can't login using my Facebook ID. Seems to be no button for it. Is there a way to do FB Login to HTF using A FB I'd?

#2 of 5 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,709 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 12:36 PM

Kyrsten, 

If you created an HTF account on Facebook, the ID is shared.  That username/password should work.

You are saying there is no login button to sign into the forum on the iPhone app?

That's odd.  Could you check again and let me know for certain?

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 5 Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Second Unit

• 442 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted February 15 2014 - 02:43 PM

Kyrsten, 

If you created an HTF account on Facebook, the ID is shared.  That username/password should work.

You are saying there is no login button to sign into the forum on the iPhone app?

That's odd.  Could you check again and let me know for certain?

Thanks for the comeback Ronald. Here's the skinny.

First of all, the iPhone app has no login buttons for Facebook or Twitter like you see on the HTF regular login page. Just a userid & password login screen.

Using my Facebook ID & PW for login does not work on the iPhone app.

The way it looks, I might have to create a separate ID on HTF itself to fully utilize the iPhone app.

I'd prefer if I could to just stick to one ID, the one I use for FB.

Appreciate any help you could provide. Oh and copy this to Dave Upton (who I think is the creator of the iPhone app).

#4 of 5 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 814 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted February 16 2014 - 07:39 AM

Kyrsten,

Thank you for letting us know about this. The application is actually written by Tapatalk. I'll reach out to them about Facebook login.

#5 of 5 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 814 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:46 AM

Kyrsten,

You can actually set a local password that you will need to use for the app. Unfortunately, Tapatalk (the app creator) doesn't support facebook login.

To set a local password, click the drop down next to your name in the top right, and choose "My Settings", then Email & Password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users