What's new

New to Projectors (1 Viewer)

jbmorris2001

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnathon
A few months ago I received 5 projectors from my Father. I know that they all work, and 3 have new batteries and the other 2 I think he said had new bulbs. I have no information on how to hook all this together, what I need, or if this is even worth doing anything with.

I have the following......

Barco 808 with I think he said 500 to 1000 on the bulbs
Sony in a shippinig box that has I think he said about 2500 on the bulbs
3 X Electrohome that all I know is that the batteries are new

He gave me a few cables, a few for computer to the projector and then 2 cables that have BNC connectors on one side and the other side I think hooks up to a computer.

The only other thing he dropped off was a pioneer that you hook up to speakers and multi inputs to output.

Yes I know more about what I have then how to work on it....

Well that is a little about me, oh I'm retired army, and was a computer geek the last few years in the army....

Johnathon
Memphis, Tn

jbmorris2001

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnathon
Well got the sony out thinking it was the better since it is in a case. The sony 1251Q is in better shape then I would ahve thought with as old as it is. Good news is I found cables in the case, The first on (RS232) on one side and what looks like a computer monitor on the other. Next cable is computer monitor one side and the other has 5 BNC with different color on them. The last cable I have hooked up right now and tried out the project in just a quick shot..

On boot found out that it take 20 min. before you can do anything.....just great.... Picture is really messed up, red green blue are out of alignment, picture is all blurry to the point that I can not log into the computer with out bring the screen back to it. I do have the RGB close to right but can not get the B to move left and the R will not go right anymore... Working on everything bit by bit....

Good news, I found a website that had the manual and I'm reading and hope to be able to learn how to do this. It seems it is going to be a greatest pain that I will have every done, but will also be the most rewarding....

Oh was told I need a HDMI to DVI cable so once I get close it will be time to go shopping again.

Johnathon
Memphis, TN

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks