Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sid Caesar on DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   jdee28

jdee28

Screenwriter

• 1,013 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 03:33 PM

The passing of Sid Caesar had me wanting to revisit his work, but it's sad how little of it is available on DVD. Just a couple out of print sketch compilations, now going for a few hundred dollars on Amazon. It's a shame no one tried releasing full-length shows. It's sad to think the work of one of the greatest television comedians of all time will practically be lost to the ages, as so little of it is out there for people to enjoy or discover for the first time.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,395 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 04:10 PM

I watched Airport 1975 yesterday in tribute to Sid Caesar, since a made an appearance in it. So long Sid, RIP.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,226 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:26 PM

Deepdiscount.com has a few selections available but on backorder for the time being but reasonably priced...http://www.deepdisco...=sid caesar&N=0

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian McP

Brian McP

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:56 PM

I got the first box set of his work around 2000 and there was two others, but was unsure whether it had new shows or was merely the first box set repackaged. He had his own website that sold these sets -- a reprint of all of these would be certainly welcome, and above all, at a reasonable price (as these early sets were very expensive, compared to the content they had)

I took my set to a drinkers club of people who would have known Sid's work of the era and played it on the main tv -- none of Sid's shows played here in Australia, so it was all new, and everyone was amazed that it was all done live. Before long, everyone was laughing and was a huge hit on the night -- the fact that everyone was quietly getting loaded at the same time certainly made Sid and co's stay at the club that evening a very memorable one.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   jdee28

jdee28

Screenwriter

• 1,013 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 11:25 AM

Deepdiscount.com has a few selections available but on backorder for the time being but reasonably priced...http://www.deepdisco...=sid caesar&N=0

I tried ordering those sets, but they immediately cancelled the orders, saying they were out of stock. If anyone has any better luck, let us know.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,226 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:53 PM

You can try this store...http://store.fandoms...-bonus-dvd.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users