What's new

If You Could Own Anything You Wanted On DVD.. (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
What would be your top 5 fantasy picks?

Just a fun little game. Rules are simple. No rules. Pure fantasy. Take your most ridiculously unavailable wants and create a fantasy DVD shopping spree.

1) Captain Kangaroo - The Complete series

2) A full days programming from the day I was born, complete with commercials and network and local news.

3) One day of complete programming on MTV from 1983.

4) Original, uncut Kennedy assassination news footage from 11/22/63.

5) Hollywood Squares - The Complete Series (Daytime and Nightime)

Your turn.....

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
2 things that i would like to see that i dont think i ever will

1) the mitch miller sing along series

2) dick sinclair's polka parade

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Only two, and I don't see them happening: Slattery's People and the American history series The Great Adventure.

But like the song says, I can dream, can't I?

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Every single episode of General Hospital from its 4/1/63 debut onwards! Since I started watching in mid- 1979, there's 16 years to catch up with. Roughly the first seven years exist on kinescope at the UCLA TV Archive. The problem is 1971-78: ABC stopped kinescopes then and most of the tapes were wiped. ABC only began to archive its tapes in 1978. Fortunately on YouTube I have seen several hours worth of excerpts from home-taped shows from 1976-78 as well as several 1975 B/W kinescopes, so some of gap has been filled. But I always hold out hope for a discovery of lost color ABC tapes in some vault or warehouse.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
A lot of what was once 'holy grail' / 'dont expect to ever see this come out' is coming out - BATMAN, MAVERICK, YOUNG MAVERICK, BRET MAVERICK - or has come out - DARK SHADOWS -, I don't really know what else I would like.

Maybe SANFORD (revival of SANFORD AND SON).

But right now, the studios are making me very, very happy.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Basically, every saturday morning cartoon and prime-time show from 1976-1982 to choose from, with all the original elements.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
1. To have StarVista release Clueless: The Series, New York Undercover, Cold Case, Ed, and The Bernie Mac Show on DVD in its entirety without any music cuts2. The entire sets of the 90's Spidey and X-Men cartoon, DiC's English dub of Sailor Moon, BH 90210, MP, and the Fresh Prince.3. Full day's worth of programming on Toronto television, from the day I was born4. The entire series of Baywatch unedited from Shout! Factory5. WWF and WCW DVD's from 1998-2005.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Uncut JFK coverage from 11/22 circulates widely among collectors. Just about all the CBS and ABC/WFAA coverage plus the first hours of NBC as well.My dream picks1-At least 50 to 100 New York Yankees baseball telecasts from the dynasty period of 1976-81, *especially* the WPIX telecasts of the ALCS for 76-77-78-80-81 as called by Yankee announcers Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White. To complete the baseball picture, I'd want the lost telecast of the Bobby Thomson game from 1951 and color tape versions of all World Series games from 1958-1964 plus the 1962 NL playoffs.2-A hundred or so random Tonight Show broadcasts from the lost era of the early years, 1962-1970.3-More lost game shows or where full run doesn't exist, specifically "Split Second" (1972-75), the New York era of $10,000 and $20,000 Pyramid (have 100 plus shows of this but mostly from 78-80, little from first four to five years), the original 1960s "Match Game" and the ABC years of "Password".4-The complete run of "Sheena, Queen Of The Jungle" starring Irish McCalla, including the never seen color version of the pilot.5-All episodes of the Jack Benny Show, 1950-65 and all of them with integrated commercials.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DisneySwan1990 said:
2. The entire sets of the 90's Spidey and X-Men cartoon, DiC's English dub of Sailor Moon, BH 90210, MP, and the Fresh Prince.
Available in region 2 from Amazon.co.uk at fairly reasonable prices.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Frank Soyke said:
What would be your top 5 fantasy picks?

Just a fun little game. Rules are simple. No rules. Pure fantasy. Take your most ridiculously unavailable wants and create a fantasy DVD shopping spree.

1) Captain Kangaroo - The Complete series

2) A full days programming from the day I was born, complete with commercials and network and local news.

4) Original, uncut Kennedy assassination news footage from 11/22/63.

5) Hollywood Squares - The Complete Series (Daytime and Nightime)

Your turn.....
Although Captain Kangaroo the Complete Series is a complete fantasy, I would really love to have a substantial collection of episodes from someone like Mill Creek. Remarkably, there are only two or three cuts on Youtube the last time I checked. I got the Captain Kangaroo cd (a collection of his Golden Records recordings), and it was a big hit with my kids.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Hee Haw, every single episode from 1969-93 including the "Hee Haw Silver" episodes which were re-runs with an introduction by Roy Clark and a new ending with Cathy Baker plugging the next week's show. Also the half-season Hee Haw Show where they attempted to move away from a country format. Might as well throw in Hee Haw Honeys as well!

The entire run of all the incarnations of Memphis Wrestling from the 1950's on up. It started on WMC and moved to WHBQ at some point. In 1977, Jerry Lawler broke with Gulas Promotions and started his own promotion with Jerry Jarrett which then moved back to WMC. For a short while the Lawler/Jarrett promotion competed with the Gulas promotion before Gulas totally shut down. During its time on WMC it was always Championship Wrestling but there were various promotions they aligned with. In the late 90's it became Power Pro Wrestling and Lawler split to form Memphis Championship Wrestling but wound up going back to Power Pro and essentially merged the two promotions.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
All 24 episodes of The Julie Andrews Hour from 1973 (in stereo if they could find the pre-recordings and with a songs-only viewing option); The Julie Andrews Show (with Gene Kelly) from 1965; Julie's special with Harry Belafonte from 1969; The Sound of Christmas from 1987 (the longer version shown in Europe and in uncompressed stereo).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have to say with all the recent announcements for tv on dvd releases, it is harder for me to think of titles that I want as most of my "Holy Grails" have either been released or being prepped for release.
But, I can always come up with 10 more :) :

10. Ripley's Believe It Or Not with Jack Palance-Complete series on dvd

9 You Can't Do That On Television complete series

8 Iron Chef(original Japanese series) complete

7 It's a Living complete series

6. St. Elsewhere complete

5 the remaining Mr. Belvedere seasons

4 That's Incredible complete series

3 Siskel and Ebert At The Movies -complete season by season. Would be a highlight in my collection

2 Horror Host local tv programming shows complete seasons like Son Of Svengoolie, Count Scary Dr. Paul Bearer, Macabra.....any actually just so they are complete.

1. Lassie.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Most of my holy grails are things I'll probably never see released in my life, although they were quite wonderful and popular in their time. I still hope and pray for (sorry there are more than five):
ADVENTURES IN PARADISE
BACHELOR FATHER
77 SUNSET STRIP
PEOPLE'S CHOICE
SURFSIDE 6
HAWAIIAN EYE
THE THIRD MAN (Complete)
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
IT'S ABOUT TIME (Okay, guilty pleasure here)
MR. ADAM AND EVE (If film masters do ever turn up)
Still, I never dreamed I'd have all of DOBIE GILLIS or SEA HUNT, so I won't give up the ghost for any on my list yet.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:

Awesome! Great idea on both counts.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If I got word these Saturday Morning Series were being released tomorrow for $250.00 Each :eek:

1a Hot Wheels
(It's a "Dead Heat" between the two of them) :biggrin:
1b Skyhawks /

2 Run Joe Run!

3 Westwind

4 Devlin

5 These were the Days.

I'd beeline to the store that had them for sale pull out my Credit Card and GO POSTAL! :biggrin: :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed Lachmann said:
I still hope and pray for (sorry there are more than five):
77 SUNSET STRIP
THE THIRD MAN (Complete)
I agree with most of Ed's list-- would add:
I Led 3 LivesMan Called X
Hong Kong
and
possibly Five Fingers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks