Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gravity :extras on all versions?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 874 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 12:22 PM

Or do I have to pay for 3D version?

#2 of 8 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,166 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 02:21 PM

Not fully sure what you mean, but "Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet" combo is coming. I'm sure it has all the extras + 2D/3D.

#3 of 8 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:05 PM

According to the press release that Ron posted in this folder (it's currently on page 2), the regular 2D BD will include all the special features. I haven't heard anything about any retailer exclusives, though.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 8 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,166 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:08 PM

Like director Cuaron said in one interview, "2D only gives you 30% of the experience". So I would watch this film in 3D.
  • Tino likes this

#5 of 8 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,081 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:12 PM

Like director Cuaron said in one interview, "2D only gives you 30% of the experience". So I would watch this film in 3D.

Absolutely. If you have 3D capability, it's the only way to watch this masterpiece. Can't wait for the 25th!
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#6 of 8 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:22 PM

I have to assume that if Peter had invested in a 3D setup, he wouldn't treat the 3D edition as an unnecessary expense. :)

I saw this in IMAX, and it is one of a very few titles that I might consider splurging on the 3D disc just-in-case even though I have no plans to upgrade to 3D in the near future.

• Tino likes this
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#7 of 8 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,166 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:52 PM

My style is to always buy the 2D+3D version (if they throw DVD also in the package, whattahell). Even when you don't want to/can't watch some film in 3D, you still have the 3D version if you re-visit the film in the future. For me it's all about options, it's not that I have to see everything asap.

But yes, some films are meant to be seen in 3D. Gravity is definitely one of them.

#8 of 8 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,081 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted February 14 2014 - 10:04 AM

5 out of 5 at bluray.com

http://www.blu-ray.c...y/82748/#Review
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users