Disney

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,153 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 12:24 PM

I would love to have this film, as well as SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, NEVER CRY WOLF, and a bunch of others finally get Blu-ray release, even if bare-bones and through a secondary distributor.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,311 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted February 12 2014 - 02:19 PM

iTunes - in HD. Just pay the measley 17 bucks and it's all yours.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,153 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 04:44 PM

iTunes - in HD. Just pay the measley 17 bucks and it's all yours.

Not if you want a copy for a Blu-ray player.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,311 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:42 PM

Not if you want a copy for a Blu-ray player.

In that case, get a Blu-ray player that streams Vudu, and buy it through them. Sadly Disney is choosing to support streaming and not  Blu-ray for most of their catalog titles.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,398 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:16 PM

Not necessarily--Vudu is one of THE go-to archives for all the obscure Disney catalog DVD's past and present (if you think "Return to Oz" is something, how about "The Magnificent Rebel"?  "Best of Tru-Life Adventures"??  Even brought back "Emil & the Detectives", that'd been gone for a while.)

That's been the case for a good five years before they ever made Frozen (if that's what you're aiming at  :rolleyes: ), but if you're using Vudu to set the bar for Disney title availability, that's setting it pretty high.

As for why it's not on disk, I'd say that's the same mix of rights and studio-disinterest that's keeping MOST of 80's-90's Silver Screen Partners in limbo, but FWIW, you can enjoy RtOz on Vudu, and, uh....happy nightmares, I guess.   :wacko:

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 10:26 PM

I would love to have this film, as well as SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, NEVER CRY WOLF, and a bunch of others finally get Blu-ray release, even if bare-bones and through a secondary distributor.

With SOMETHING WICKED being planned for a remake, it may get released on disc in tandem with that.  Of course, that's a long wait.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users