• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 DisneySwan1990

DisneySwan1990

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:24 AM

Disney has been known to treat all their animated and some live-action films with high respect and godlike status......but as for some of their shows such as So Weird, House of Mouse, Mighty Ducks, Quack Pack, PB&J Otter, Smart Guy, Doug, and others, they have a track record of treating said shows as if they are garbage.

Plus, on top of that, Disney lies about the remaining seasons not being released, because of "low sales", which it isn't.

So everyone, which Disney show you wanna own that has never been released to DVD?

#2 of 20 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 04:23 AM

Disney's tv version of Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear, and Hercules. The tv series, I mean.

James

#3 of 20 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 04:24 AM

Disney's tv version of Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear, and Hercules. The tv series, I mean.

James

#4 of 20 Ken_Martinez

Ken_Martinez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:05 AM

Disney has been terrible about the Muppet stuff they own as well. Even with a new movie on the horizon, the last two Muppet Show seasons are MIA.

And even though they own Marvel and Lucasfilm now, the chances of seeing Muppet Babies is similarly remote.

• MatthewA likes this

#5 of 20 Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:44 AM

I want to see full seasonal box set releases of Kim Possible, with all of the bells and whistles, and in Blu-Ray.

#6 of 20 LeoAmes

LeoAmes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:51 AM

I'd like to see DuckTales, TaleSpin, and Rescue Rangers finished out.

More classic Disney tv content would also be nice like episodes of the Wonderful World of Disney. 

#7 of 20 LeoAmes

LeoAmes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:56 AM

Wonderful World of Color I should say. Disney's anthology series was never the same once Walt Disney died. 

• MatthewA likes this

#8 of 20 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:59 AM

Lili and Stitch
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Aladdin

#9 of 20 Scamp

Scamp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 04:13 PM

I believe a 3rd volume finishing off TaleSpin has been put out although it is only available thru the Disney Movie Club or the Disney Store website.

#10 of 20 Scamp

Scamp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 04:19 PM

I agree with all the shows already listed by others as well as

1. The Famous Jett Jackson
  2. Mickey Mouseworks
  3. Tarzan the TV series
  4. Fillmore
  5. The Emperor's New School
  6. American Dragon: Jake Long
  7. finishing Darkwing Duck
  8. finishing Gargoyles with the Goliath Chronicles
  9. finishing Goof Troop
  10. finishing Gummi Bears

And I'm sure there are plenty of others I have forgotten to mention.  Disney seriously needs to get their act together and start showing some love towards their TV properties & the fans of those shows.

• DisneySwan1990 likes this

#11 of 20 Darby67

Darby67

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 05:06 PM

POPULAR

I would love to see the various series from the Disneyland anthology show (in its various incarnations) such as:

The Tales of Texas John Slaughter (the complete series of 17 episodes; starring Tom Tryon)

• Texas John Slaughter
  • Ambush at Laredo
  • Killers from Kansas
  • Showdown at Sandoval
  • The Man from Bitter Creek
  • The Slaughter Trail
  • The Robber Stallion
  • Wild Horse Revenge
  • Range War at Tombstone
  • Desperado from Tombstone
  • Apache Friendship
  • Kentucky Gunslick
  • Geronimo’s Revenge
  • End of the Trail
  • A Holster Full of Law
  • A Trip to Tucson
  • Frank Clell’s in Town

Daniel Boone (the complete series of 4 episodes; starring Dewey Martin)

• The Warrior’s Path
  • And Chase the Buffalo
  • The Wilderness Road
  • The Promised Land

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca (the complete series of 10 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Robert Loggia)

• The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca
  • Four Down and Five Lives to Go
  • Lawman or Gunman
  • Law and Order, Incorporated
  • Attorney-at-Law
  • The Griswold Murder
  • Move Along Mustangers
  • Mustang Man, Mustang Maid
  • Friendly Enemies at Law
  • Gus Tomlin is Dead

The Swamp Fox (the complete series of 8 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Leslie Nielsen)

• The Birth of the Swamp Fox
  • Brother Against Brother
  • Tory Vengeance
  • Day of Reckoning
  • Redcoat Strategy
  • A Case of Treason
  • A Woman’s Courage
  • Horses for Greene

The Saga of Andy Burnett (the complete series of 6 episodes; starring Jerome Courtland)

• Andy’s Initiation
  • Andy’s First Chore
  • Andy’s Love Affair
  • The Land of Enemies
  • White Man’s Medicine
  • The Big Council

The New Adventures of Davy Crockett (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Tim Dunigan)

• Davy Crockett: Rainbow in the Thunder
  • Davy Crockett: A Natural Man
  • Davy Crockett: Guardian Spirit
  • Davy Crockett: A Letter to Polly
  • Davy Crockett: Warrior’s Farewell

Gallegher (the complete series of 3 episodes; starring Roger Mobley)

• Part 1
  • Part 2
  • Part 3

The Further Adventures of Gallegher (the complete series of 3 episodes)

• A Case of Murder
  • The Big Swindle
  • The Daily Press vs. City Hall

Gallegher Goes West (the complete series of 4 episodes)

• Showdown with the Sundown Kid
  • Crusading Reporter
  • Tragedy on the Trail
  • Trial by Terror

The Mystery of Edward Sims (the complete series of 2 episodes)

• Part 1
  • Part 2

Zorro and Son (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Henry Darrow as Don Diego de la Vega/Zorro, Sr. and Paul Regina as Don Carlos de la Vega/Zorro, Jr.)

• Zorro and Son (Pilot)
  • Beauty and the Mask
  • A Fistful of Pesos
  • Wash Day
  • The Butcher of Barcelona

Darby

• Randy Korstick, Mark-P, JoeDoakes and 1 other like this

#12 of 20 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 05:29 PM

More classic Disney tv content would also be nice like episodes of the Wonderful World of Disney. 

Tale Spin was finished as a Disney Movie Club exclusive.  They released a couple of other tv titles there.  There's a thread about it somewhere.  Unfortunately, no Ducktales or Muppet Show.

#13 of 20 MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:06 PM

The only Disney tv show i liked enough to want to buy a full series/season set of would be the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

That still hasn't happened yet has it?

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

#14 of 20 TVonDVDJunkie05

TVonDVDJunkie05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:31 PM

Tale Spin was finished as a Disney Movie Club exclusive.  They released a couple of other tv titles there.  There's a thread about it somewhere.  Unfortunately, no Ducktales or Muppet Show.

They released the final volume of Talespin, 2 volumes of Goof Troop and season 2, volume 2 of Gargoyles.  However, my understanding is that while these were initially released as exclusives, they are now available in general release via Disney's online store.

If they are going to finish up the Disney afternoon shows, why didn't they release DuckTales, the most succesful show from that entire programming block?!  I hope they put out another batch this year which includes the final volumes of DuckTales, Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles and Gummi Bears.

#15 of 20 Darby67

Darby67

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:46 PM

I would love to see them release The Prince and the Pauper (1962) starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams as a DMC Exclusive.  The Prince and the Pauper first aired as a three-part television show on the Walt Disney anthology series on March 11, 18, and 25, 1962.  The three episodes were entitled “The Pauper King, “The Merciful Law of the King,” and “Long Live the Rightful King.”  It was later released theatrically in Europe in a 93-minute version (this shorter edited version is currently available via Amazon Instant Video).  I am hoping that that release the full three 50-minute television episodes from the Walt Disney anthology television series as a DMC Exclusive.  If you read any reviews of the 93-minute theatrical version, one of the consistent complaints from viewers is that it feels like major plot elements are missing (which, of course, happens when a 150-minute program is edited down to 93 minutes).

Their truly outstanding DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel would be an exceptional example to follow.  Similar to The Prince and the Pauper, The Magnificent Rebel first aired as a two-part television show on the Walt Disney anthology series on November 18 and 25, 1962 and it too was released theatrically in Europe in a shorter edited version.  Their laudable DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel fully preserved the two full 50-minute television episodes and even included the Wonderful World of Color opening titles for Parts 1 and 2, Walt’s intros for Parts 1 and 2, Walt’s ending for Part 1, the preview of next week’s Part 2 episodes, and the full credits for both parts.  It was as complete a release of The Magnificent Rebel as any fan could hope for and I am hoping they will release The Prince and the Pauper in a similarly comprehensive fashion.

If anyone is interested in contacting the Disney Movie Club to lobby for particular titles, the address is: memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com

Darby

• Randy Korstick likes this

#16 of 20 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 05:15 AM

I'm more concerned with the shows of recent years on The Disney Channel.  For example, after a very successful run, Good Luck, Charlie recently wrapped production.  So why no DVD release for this show?

Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#17 of 20 bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 05:37 AM

I could not care less about more recent Disney product.

I would be interested in stuff from the channel's early days.  They made some made for tv sequels to some of their older hit movies.  One was a sequel to the original (superior) Parent Trap.  

Stuff similar to that I would be interested in.   But not their current 'kid coms' that feature shrieking soundtracks of kids squealing over the programs. 

#18 of 20 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 07:33 AM

I have to share bretmaverick's opinion of the current Disney kid coms. They make the seventies Brady Bunch look like adult, sophisticated, drama.

Jthree
  • MatthewA and Ron1973 like this

#19 of 20 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 08:19 AM

I would love to see them release The Prince and the Pauper (1962) starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams as a DMC Exclusive.  The Prince and the Pauper first aired as a three-part television show on the Walt Disney anthology series on March 11, 18, and 25, 1962.  The three episodes were entitled “The Pauper King, “The Merciful Law of the King,” and “Long Live the Rightful King.”  It was later released theatrically in Europe in a 93-minute version (this shorter edited version is currently available via Amazon Instant Video).  I am hoping that that release the full three 50-minute television episodes from the Walt Disney anthology television series as a DMC Exclusive.  If you read any reviews of the 93-minute theatrical version, one of the consistent complaints from viewers is that it feels like major plot elements are missing (which, of course, happens when a 150-minute program is edited down to 93 minutes).

Their truly outstanding DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel would be an exceptional example to follow.  Similar to The Prince and the Pauper, The Magnificent Rebel first aired as a two-part television show on the Walt Disney anthology series on November 18 and 25, 1962 and it too was released theatrically in Europe in a shorter edited version.  Their laudable DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel fully preserved the two full 50-minute television episodes and even included the Wonderful World of Color opening titles for Parts 1 and 2, Walt’s intros for Parts 1 and 2, Walt’s ending for Part 1, the preview of next week’s Part 2 episodes, and the full credits for both parts.  It was as complete a release of The Magnificent Rebel as any fan could hope for and I am hoping they will release The Prince and the Pauper in a similarly comprehensive fashion.

If anyone is interested in contacting the Disney Movie Club to lobby for particular titles, the address is: memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com

Darby

I also think that Johnny Shiloh was a multiple part story, but that was released in only the theatrical format.  There is also a two part film called Moseby's Marauders with James MacGarther that I would like to have.

#20 of 20 Darby67

Darby67

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 09:23 AM

Joe:

That seems to be DMC's tendency: release the shorter theatrical version rather than the longer multi-episode version from the anthology series.  Their release of the Magnificent Rebel was certainly more the exception than the rule and I'm hoping for the same outcome for The Prince and the Pauper.

Darby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users