What's new

Elia Kazan Films (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I think (hope) I finished a project correctly over the weekend.Remember the 18-disc Standard DVD box set of Kazan's films?If I did indeed finish my project correctly, there is now just one disc in the box with content that is not otherwise available on Blu, a stand-alone DVD release (e.g., 'Baby Doll'), or in some cases, both.The one disc/title is: 'A Letter to Elia', which I took out of the box and stored in a slim DVD case with my own amateurish cover (a color sheet with information from two pages in the book that was included in the box).Besides 'A Letter to Elia', the only other disc I took out of the box was 'America America', which was not yet available as a stand-alone DVD when the box was released.At the time the box was released, there was also no other release of 'Wild River' for example; however, since then 'Wild River' has been released on Blu.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
There is a bluray edition of "Letter to Elia" - I own it and watched it a few weeks ago. Bought it from Blurays for Everyone.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
^ Is that an "official" release?

Or exclusive? (For example, the release is not even listed on Amazon.)

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
It is definitely an official release - it's on the FoxConnect site: http://www.foxconnect.com/letter-to-elia-a-the-blu-ray-fullscreen.html

It's exclusive like the two 4-movies sets of Kazan's films on bluray, which are only available from FoxConnect.

I had to order from elsewhere, as Fox Connect don't ship outside the US. The only place I found that would ship them to me is Blurays for Everyone - I assume that they have to purchase from FoxConnect in order to send overseas - a great service.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
These are half off today only using the code FILMFAN. I just ordered these a few days ago for $45 each, so I wish I had waited, but hopefully a few others can take advantage of this great deal.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Of course, I now wish I had waited, too, but I have some sort of idea (or hope) that these things even-out over time. Hopefully, there have been times when we *have* snagged good deals. Sort of like a baseball hitter, who hits a bunch of line drives that are caught, and then a few bloops fall in for hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks