What's new

Feedback Wanted - Making HTF's Site Faster (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We've been working behind the scenes over the past few days to speed up the site, and wanted to check in with our members to get your perceptions. Do you notice a difference?

Is HTF fast enough, too slow or about right?

Thanks for your feedback!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'll pay attention. On the iPad, it was very slow. On the iPhone, the mobile safari interface has been faster than the full website.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's faster to load on my iPad 3. The editor box is still erratic for me. I don't know if that's an iPad 3 issue or specific to HTF. But it can be unresponsive to text input, and suddenly catch up in a burst, leading to typos and auto-correct errors.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
On my older home computer it's a bit slow. BUT it *does* appear to run faster now. Page load speed seems at least twice as fast.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Rick Thompson said:
Didn't notice a difference, but then never considered it slow.
I'll agree with that sentiment.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I haven't noticed a speed change, but today, on the iPad, the preview for last unread post button is not working. It just opens the thread to the first page.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Cinescott said:
Always seemed like a fast-loading site to me.
Yes which is why being a bit slower doesn't matter, probably my internet connection when i posted the other day as now it's the same as usual, that is fast to load.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Interesting perspective. For me, HTF has been a noticeably slower websites. Noticeably longer load times the past 3-6 mo than other websites.It seems improved now.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We found it slow ourselves. A lot had to do with the rapid move off Huddler and little time to really tune things. Our testing now show the site is about 50% faster. Hopefully we can do even better when the new version of IP.Board comes out later this year.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Yes, want me test it in Chrome?

EDIT - the preview feature works fine on the iPad with Chrome, though typing is slow.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We're not making any changes, but we have stopped some of the javascript resources that enable previews to load first (they were slowing down the site), so I'm not sure there's much we can do Peter.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've noticed the HTF app for the iPad crashes a lot. Pretty much any time I go to Browse -> Blu-Ray -> then open a thread and read and return to Blu-Ray, it will freeze and crash, and I'll have to open it again to see other threads or folders. I see that there was an update today, so hopefully, those bugs are fixed; if not, it's a pretty big problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks