Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panny ZT-series (Finally) Out of Stock

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   porterdavidm

porterdavidm

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:25 PM

I am recently in the market for a new, larger display to replace my six year old 50" Pioneer 5050HD. It's still going strong, I only want a larger screen for our main viewing room.

I have been researching plasma vs LCD, 2K vs 4K, etc., and for two days have been debating purchasing a Panasonic 60" ZT-series. Best Buy was the only major retailer I could find with units still in stock for order, and I was ready to buy. Unfortunately, I checked today, and they are (finally) out of stoc nationwide. So now I need to find a second-choice.

I've read a lot about the Samsung F8500 units. Not sure other good options. I definitely want plasma, but have been out of the market since 2008, so I'm not sure if there is a standard-bearer these days. Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,461 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:34 PM

Your only other option is LG. Problem is, they dropped their THX for this model year. So their "best" is equal to a Panny ST.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   porterdavidm

porterdavidm

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:36 PM

Your only other option is LG. Problem is, they dropped their THX for this model year. So their "best" is equal to a Panny ST.

So, to put you on the spot: You'd go Samsung in this case?

[Edit] Thanks for the quick reply!

Edited by porterdavidm, February 04 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,461 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 08:40 PM

Unless you are willing to buy a VT instead.

If you care about 3D...it has been noted, all year, the F6500 and F8500 are superior to Panny.

Take 3D off the table...VT and ZT win easily.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   porterdavidm

porterdavidm

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 06:22 AM

Definitely would consider the VT. However, while posting to this thread last night, I checked, and now that one is also completely out of stock. Looks like they were down to only one or two units nationwide.

So my next question would be - are there any reputable online retailers I should try. Amazon doesn't have these units; some of its Marketplace sellers do, but I'm not sure if they can be trusted. Would love to know who the key, current retailers are that I should check out.

Thanks!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,461 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 06:52 AM

Some of the resellers are fine.

I've never(and don't ever plan to) bought a large item online.

If a seller has White Glove service available...they are usually reputable.

I do know of one on the east coast that is quite good. I used to work for a wholesaler into Amazon(among many others). A marketplace seller has the option of self-fulfilling or Amazon. On the brands we had...that were sold through the marketplace...we still fulfilled 70%.

Basically. If you live west coast. Buy east coast...you are going to be fulfilled by Amazon(It Amazon can).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users