Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS on BD, when?

Paramount Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ernest

Ernest

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:31 PM

When is this really good movie based on a true story going to be released on Blu-ray?  The movie stars Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas people with very different personalities who team up to try to kill two man eating lions.  The lions were blamed for over 35 deaths mostly workers building a railroad.  The US release was in the early stages of DVD and is "Letterbox".  The region 2 DVD is anamorphic widescreen 16 x 9 very good for DVD's but a far cry from Blu-ray quality.  

• Mark Walker likes this

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,617 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 08:41 PM

I agree.  Just watching it tonight; I was shocked to find my region 1 DVD is not anamorphically-enhanced.  This film is as good as I remember, with great characters, and is in dire need of a Blu-ray.

When is this really good movie based on a true story going to be released on Blu-ray?  The movie stars Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas people with very different personalities who team up to try to kill two man eating lions.  The lions were blamed for over 35 deaths mostly workers building a railroad.  The US release was in the early stages of DVD and is "Letterbox".  The region 2 DVD is anamorphic widescreen 16 x 9 very good for DVD's but a far cry from Blu-ray quality.  

• Matt Hough likes this

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,227 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 08:16 AM

I like this movie. BD release, please!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 05 2014 - 08:38 AM

Excellent music score too.  I would buy this film, as with all true stories things have been changed for dramatic purposes.

Hopefully they will go back to the original 2.40:1 aspect ratio as the dvd is cropped to 2.00:1 and i would like a brand new film scan, if they use the old master they have then i fear the image quality will have baked in issues which are unacceptable for blu ray.

• AshJW likes this

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 05 2014 - 12:34 PM

I agree.  Just watching it tonight; I was shocked to find my region 1 DVD is not anamorphically-enhanced.  This film is as good as I remember, with great characters, and is in dire need of a Blu-ray.

I haven't watched my DVD in a long time, so I didn't remember it was a non-anamorphic transfer. Then, we DEFINITELY need a Blu-ray upgrade!

• Mark Walker and Neil Middlemiss like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount, Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users