Need some help setting up my streaming system, and given the few "must-haves" and lots of "don't-needs", I thought it might be quicker to ask the experts!
- Samsung UE40D6530 LED;
- HDTV cable top box;
- Yamaha DSP-AX761 (RX-V661);
- 9650SE-based NAS running W7;
- Logitech One universal remote.
I need a box that allows me to:
- give me some NAS browsing ability;
- practically play any AVI, WMV, MKV, containing all kinds of formats;
- decode HD sound (TrueHD, DTS-HD MA), because receiver is 7.1, but doesn't decode HD-sound;
I don't need:
- WiFi (everything is connected by cat-5);
- access to online content (YouTube, ...);
- apps of any kind;
- 3D (would not work anyway, Yamaha output to TV is HDMI 1.2);
- Blu-ray player.
I looked around at Dune HD, Roki, Apple-TV, etc. but I get lost in all the possibilities, most of which I don't even need.
So, in short: I'm looking for a "no frills" media player, that plays most formats you can throw at it, decodes HD-sound to (L)PCM, and that allows me to browse my NAS. That's it, nothing more, nothing less
Which of the players you know comes closest to my needs?
TIA for any feedback,