Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LG smart tv wifi issues

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:05 AM

Hi there Im having some issues with my LG smart TV.

I have the Lg 42LS5700 smart tv. Im just experiencing recently constant disconnects from thw wifi network.

Every tome I turn on my TV says "netwok not connected", then I just enter networks password and it connects nicely. I finish watching tv, turn off my tv set, wnenever I turn it back on th network is disconnected , any ideas to help me??

Eduardo Bonifaz

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,787 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:19 AM

Long running smart TV problem.

Change over to wired.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,213 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted February 03 2014 - 03:29 PM

I second what Sam says. Wireless is a pain with a Smart TV. When I switched ISPs, they put my new modem/router/access point in the basement, which is where my Smart TV is. Direct plug to the TV is far more stable than wireless, especially if you use your TV to stream Netflix (which I do). If your router is too far away from your TV, consider a powerline ethernet connection, which is also more stable than wireless.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 05:51 PM

I second what Sam says. Wireless is a pain with a Smart TV. When I switched ISPs, they put my new modem/router/access point in the basement, which is where my Smart TV is. Direct plug to the TV is far more stable than wireless, especially if you use your TV to stream Netflix (which I do). If your router is too far away from your TV, consider a powerline ethernet connection, which is also more stable than wireless.

Thanks a lot, Fortunately I have a netgera powerline a few meters away from my TV, tomorrow I will buy an ethernet switch and some cable. thanks a lot guys.

Eduardo Bonifaz

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,616 posts
  • LocationWhittier, California

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:43 PM

This is just FYI but I just felt people should know about what the LG smart tv does with or without your knowledge.  LG may or may not be the only one, but the LG smart tv keeps track of every show you watch, how long you watch it, how often you change channels and it sends this information to a server.  It is funny because I don't think LG tells you about this upfront.

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (257 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,787 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:58 PM

^^^

Everything Google-based does that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users