What's new

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You know I really hope WSJ got punk'd. I read a similar headline in another forum, but the WSJ link was dead (as was this one--as of this writing the Hollywood Reporter article is live but the WSJ article it links to is dead). And I am scouring Yahoo, LA Times, NY Times and CNN and nothing yet. He's one of my favorite actors and I'm hoping this isn't true.

EDIT
Damn, CNN just changed their headline to reflect it. RIP Mr. Hoffman.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Carlo Medina said:
You know I really hope WSJ got punk'd. I read a similar headline in another forum, but the WSJ link was dead (as was this one--as of this writing the Hollywood Reporter article is live but the WSJ article it links to is dead). And I am scouring Yahoo, LA Times, NY Times and CNN and nothing yet. He's one of my favorite actors and I'm hoping this isn't true.

EDIT
Damn, CNN just changed their headline to reflect it. RIP Mr. Hoffman.
I think it's real as The New York Post has the story too.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-his-apartment/
Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.

A personal assistant found Hoffman’s body in an apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said.

Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.

In 2006, Hoffman publicly admitted that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse graduating from NYU’s drama school, but got sober in rehab.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Terrible news. He was certainly one of the best actors under 50. A remarkable loss.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Always fascinates and saddens me to hear about talented people throwing their lives away. RIP.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
A movie not many people seem to know of is "Flawless", which Hoffman made with Robert De Niro. They both give amazing performances. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Not for the faint of heart, though.

This is such sad news. I admired every performance I saw him in.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
My top 5:

1. Magnolia
2. Doubt
3. Mission Impossible III Trailer
4. The Savages
5. Synecdoche, New York

Did he even finish shooting Hunger Games: Mockingjay?

With Hoffman, I guess the real pain is that I've always thought we had yet to see the best of him. To have the kind of legacy that he had at forty-fucking-six years old is simply amazing. God only knows what might've been in his future.

Stupid fucking heroin. Goddammit.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks